Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightning Vortexes

Didn't want to make a new topic, but is this intended behavior? What's with the current stats and potentials?

It's a bug that was introduced in around pre9ish. It has already been reported, but not yet fixed (I'm guessing the team is more focused on NotEye problems at the moment rather than regular bugs)
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Imo this isn't that unrealistic. When I get cornered by some invisible Ogre mage and start getting hit I also deduce that it isn't coming from behind. Also when you 'miss' a few times and stumble around while getting hit you can deduce fairly well where the monster must be.
    +1. And in real life you'd hear your enemy too. That someone is invisible doesn't mean that you have absolutely no clue about his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    +1. And in real life you'd hear your enemy too. That someone is invisible doesn't mean that you have absolutely no clue about his position.
    Although then we have to ask ourselves what mode of sensory perception is available to these vortexes. It seems like they're somewhat reliant on light. Do they hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Imo this isn't that unrealistic. When I get cornered by some invisible Ogre mage and start getting hit I also deduce that it isn't coming from behind. Also when you 'miss' a few times and stumble around while getting hit you can deduce fairly well where the monster must be.
    However, what about monsters that have never been hit by you?

Quote Originally Posted by mike3 View Post
    However, what about monsters that have never been hit by you?
    Why can a monster all of a sudden see me after I did hit it? I cannot see it after it hit me.

Vortices seems less likely to explode in darkness if you hit them with spells. I managed to kill a few this way.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

For the Invis complaints, do we know if Stealth skill assists in not being tracked while invis?
    You have to remember that from the other side of the dungeon, they could not see you anyway. Being invisible should not matter through a door.

Just a quick gripe about Lightning Vortices - in p14 I've gotten 5 or so Mist Elves to Dwarftown and all but one of them have died to a lightning vortex! Three assassins with low HPs, one fighter, and just last night a very promising weaponsmith. The create door trick works wonders but not when you trap yourself in a dead-end with no pickaxe

Is it also intentional that no rings of shock resistance exist?

One way to protect yourself against lightning vortices as a mist elf is to get the black torc. Drinking a cursed potion of exchange is a good idea too.

If you find some arrows of hunting you can probably generate a giant slug corpse while you're retrieving the torc. The wand of cold can in turn be used to get the ring of the high kings, another good mist elf item.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 07-01-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.