Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best item pre/suffix

Quote Originally Posted by freekE
    Muderous Phase Dagger of Mayhem sounds a little bit to deadly
    Phase dagger of penetration would be funny

Fast clock of slowness.

=D
    I never won a Adom game...

wicked eternium two-handed sword of devastation (default (+18, 10d8+24) [-1, +0]).
    Generally all weapons of devastation are nice, especially in early-mid game.

Have you had any luck wishing for pre/suffixes? Seems like whenever I try to get specific, I get a big heap of general items instead.

You can't wish for items with pre/suffix(there is small chance that item will be generated with pre/suffix, but it will be random). Otherwise, everyone would wish for wicked eternium two handed swords of devastation

I've had one "eternium two-handed sword of penetration" drop in a greater vault. Emperor Moloch sure got his ass penetrated good that time!

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Actually I'm almost sure that it's not possible. Phase dagger isn't an artifact, but it's a special class item(like staff of power or quicksilver staff), which can't be generated with pre/suffixes(at least I've never founded one).
    I've found a Sword of Sharpness of hunting before, so yeah, these items can have prefixes and suffixes.

Was that a previous version, perchance?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Was that a previous version, perchance?
    Linux version 1.1.1. I was save-scumming and repeatedly wishing for swords of sharpness before entering the Quickling Tree. I also got other types of swords of sharpness, though I only clearly recall the one with the suffix of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by someone7 View Post
    Linux version 1.1.1. I was save-scumming and repeatedly wishing for swords of sharpness before entering the Quickling Tree. I also got other types of swords of sharpness, though I only clearly recall the one with the suffix of hunting.

Wow. That might be a bug of some sort.

I need to investigate the matter.
    Last edited by Nezur; 05-02-2008 at 05:05 PM.