Thread: Oddities regarding "Moon Sickle"?

Default Oddities regarding "Moon Sickle"?

This is a question to you folk. I've noticed that when dealing normal damage with the artifact weapon "Moon Sickle" it corrupts the PC.

When dealing other damage, eg. mangled heap, stab, weak spot; there is not always corruption. My observations is based on Chaos Knight lvl class power.

Shouldn't it always corrupt? Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe it doesn't corrupt on each hit or the class power doesn't always kick in?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Learn to learn.

I recall reading in someone's (pre-1.2.0) writing that Moon Sickle does "not always" corrupt. Maybe this is intentional. Slaughter your enemies in gruesome ways using this chaotic artifact, and don't get corrupted for those specific attacks as a "reward".

Although it could just be a bug with the CK class power too, it should be checked with another class.
    "And light there be!"

Why? Corruption is so rewarding.

It might even be a bug that it corrupts the PC instead of the foe.

I have noticed that certain corrupting monsters: chaos rat, plague bearer doesn't cause the class power to kick in either, so maybe it is buggy.

How will we test it for other classes, with scrolls of dark prediction? Sounds like a lot of hassle.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.