Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mist Elf Weaponsmith - UCG!

Well done on this win.

Mist elves are easily the most challenging race (and I suspect this was not even intentional; TB never said that he wanted mist elves to be difficult to play). They are horribly vulnerable to elements and stone blocks and ranged damage and poison and.. everything that isn't melee damage. Can you work around all that? Sure you can. But other races never need those workarounds in the first place.

And having melee damage halved is great, but they usually have less than half the hitpoints than someone else would have at the same point in the game. The net gain is mostly that healing (from spells, herbs, regeneration, etc) is more effective for them, but for survivability in melee it doesn't help that much, all in all.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 07-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    So I look at my wands and say to myself "hey, lets try the wand of ball lightning out!". ZAP! Where does it go? diagonal up-left into a wall, back into me, below-right into a wall, back into me, ad-nasuem. After seeing "Your [item] is destroyed!" (x20) I ended up with -156/80.
    .......#####.
    ....@..#...#.
    ....@..#.....
    .......#...#.
    .......#####.

I once found myself in that situation and zapped a wand of ball lightning out of desperation. Guess in which direction the bolt was shot
    "And light there be!"