Thread: Challenge idea - RNG Man

Default Challenge idea - RNG Man

I've devised yet another challenge game, if anyone doesn't know what to do next. Just a funny way to play.

Basically you must pick-up and equip every piece of equipment you find and must forever drop every piece of equipment you un-equip.

I'm trying to keep the rules simple, but it is not:

You may only un-equip to equip the correct type in the appropriate slot.
    You may avoid equipment on the ground by walking widely around them, but once adjacent to them your next movement(teleporting away is fine) must be to them.
    You may not leave a tile until you have picked-up and equipped from top all equipment and dropped old equipment.
    You may only drop equipment you've un-equipped.
    No equipping non-equipment, missile slot is only for missile item types. Explicitly missiles don't count as equipment nor does tools.

Deliberate cursing, destruction(wand of acid) or anything basically is permitted. Encumbrance will eventually force an uncursing.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 07-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Sounds like fun. I'll give it a shot a bit later. I'm thinking priests might have an edge. I'd probably avoid TH, I think. Less is more in this case. Not sure what to do about artifacts. What's the rule for cursed gear? If I'm wearing a cursed weapon, do I just carry around all the rest of my weapons until I uncurse it?

Cavernous levels/Big room could be really annoying if you constantly need to stop/equip all the time.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 07-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes, you carry the other stuff until you can equip them. I just played up to the animated forest, unfortunately I overestimated my character for that area.

I spent quite some time in the big room and without TH, there isn't that much equipment generated.

I've encountered shops and never mentioned what should happen there, basically you don't have to buy any equipment, but when you do you must obviously equip it if you can.

Remember you have 2 arms and hands. It sucks a bit being stuck with 2 cursed shields.

If you really want to keep something equipped curse it, but then you will start carrying a lot of luggage eventually.

Still figuring out the best to go about things.

Good luck.

P.S. Yes it is a bit annoying but, it's just for fun afterall, remember if you don't stand next to equipment you can ignore it.

Also if next to 2 or more piles, just pick everything up and equip from top down.

P.P.S. No Sacrificing, giving away, selling never equipped equipment.

It's too bad there's no way certain way to tell which rings and amulets were dropped. I think the best might be to not drop them and sell, drop in wilderness, etc.

P.P.P.S No kicking items.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 07-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.