Thread: [YASD] You are, apparently, what you eat. Question: Should I blame Lolth?

Default [YASD] You are, apparently, what you eat. Question: Should I blame Lolth?

I set out to do a ULE, but after doing the WDC, the ToEF, drinking every pool, and evening mindnumbingly spending 4000 turns in the ID, I gave up and decided to try for an OCG - never done one before.

Even with that wasted time I cleared the temples before Day 90 ( go go teleport! ), as I was worried about background corruption (dwarftown went hostile on me during the final quest so mystic didn't help me), but ... I got to the end of the game, and was a bit worried about corruption - I had gotten 1 wish + weird tome and so had 9 SoCR and 3 PoCC, but I wanted to save the PoCC for disables. I was carrying Keriax's corpse and was crowned C-.

I cleared the main room D:50 (Potions of boost willpower made it utterly ridiculous - I've never had 64 will power ball spells before... craziness), checked my corruption level(57%) to make sure I could survive eating Keriax, drank my boost strength/dex/toughness potions, and prepared to read an SoCR and eat Keriax. And then I realized I was still bloated! (stupid stomafillia)

So I dropped the corrupting artifacts and shut the gate. I didn't want any extra background corruption here, I just wanted to clear my satiation status. Cleared the rest of the gate side, ID'd everything and waited.

Finally, satiated! Ate a stomacemptia to make sure I'd have room for my buff potions afterwards. Read an SOCR, checked with my other prediction scroll - 50%. My understanding was Keriax was ~45%, so I should be ok to go - I'd only new a handful of moves to finish this. And I knew 8 SoCR already wouldn't be enough to de-corrupt me completely on the plane, so I really didn't want to lower it to 7.

Harwin, the dark elven wizard, was transformed into a chaos being (after winning).

I take solace in the fact that at least I left the gates closed. If I can't be the OCG, at least Andor doesn't get to win either, and he especially doesn't get to win by me effectively committing suicide.

And now, my question:
    Was it more corruption than I expected because I was a C- champion?

Yes. C- ups corruption by 30 percent. Mostly this doesn't have a huge effect because of rounding, but Keriax's corpse corrupts for 8000 corruption points - with the C- boost, you get 10400 corruption points. Since the 50% corruption level is 9000 corruption points and you transform at 19000 points, kaboom, you became a j.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.