Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hverld, Dwarven Duelist; Paragon gate-closer 1.2pr14

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I haven't read any victory posts or spoily threads regarding CKs, but you must agree that a CK closing the gate is stupid, he's not supposed to stop the incursion of chaos.
    I agree, but there should be an alternate non-ultra ending. I don't know, maybe the CK takes the orbs to the gate, and Andor tells him that it will be easier to safekeep them that way and names him the general of the chaos hordes. Or the CK follows a different chaos god, and getting into D:50 allows him to summon that god that will enter the chaos plane and kill Andor. Or something.

I'm sure TB can come up with a good plotline, but the fact that there is no non-ultra ending is a pity. Some of us don't like to do ultras because of their length, scumminess and strange alignment changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Has anyone figured the correct finish for a CK, Yes/No will suffice and if Yes, is it only chaos god?
    Yes, and it's not only chaos god, but it's only ultras (I can give you more details, but maybe you don't want to be spoiled if you haven't read CK spoilers yet).

Thanks Al-Khwarizmi, I have been trying to figure it out the past month(well, not a whole month of playing ADOM, just 2 characters ). I have found out that Andor doesn't think it appropriate for a CK to enter the gate without the insignia.

You can maybe tell me whether you think those endings you speak of is the same two that TB said he added to the game.

P.S. If you start with a chaoticly aligned character and get lucky you can complete an ULE in a relatively short time and never need to worry about changing alignment too much, but you must rush a little and plan lawful quest timing a bit. The only chaotic act you will have to perform is receiving the Amulet of Chaos, which isn't that chaotic. What scumminess are you referring about, a little curious?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 08-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.

scumminess = using exploits / grinding to gather the necessary rare items.

The two "special endings" are neither ultra nor chaos god. But an ultra is the only happy end they can achieve.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.