Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Win! Boopsie the hurthling farm girl.

Thanks so much, guys!

I'll sheepishly admit to having killed a fair share of hurthling mindcrafters over the past few days after reading Stingray's suggestion. *blush* They are definitely a part of the game that is still unspoiled for me!

I'll have to try out all your suggestions and see which class I get attached to most

One of my favorite combos for overall 'fun' is Hurthling Beastfighter. They have considerable difficulty starting out (as, admittedly, do many Hurthling groups) but when they get going, they're amazing fun. There's just something about the mental image of a 3 foot guy punching a gigantic dragon to death with their bare fists wearing only furs that tickles me.

Hurtling Monk might be similar fun, and with DV off the charts.

EDITED: Because apparently my brain confuses DV and PV when I'm typing. ... frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning Lassie View Post
    Thanks so much, guys!

I'll sheepishly admit to having killed a fair share of hurthling mindcrafters over the past few days after reading Stingray's suggestion. *blush* They are definitely a part of the game that is still unspoiled for me!

I'll have to try out all your suggestions and see which class I get attached to most
    I've been doing the same with Hurthling healers. The UD's going to get sealed shut by all the corpses.

There's just something about the mental image of a 3 foot guy punching a gigantic dragon to death with their bare fists wearing only furs that tickles me.
    Ahahahahaha! I love it. I do get drawn in by the strong role playing aspect of this game quite a bit. I think most of us that play ADOM probably feel that way, too. I can't seem to get any of my friends to see past the ASCII characters to give ADOM a serious shot.

I've been doing the same with Hurthling healers. The UD's going to get sealed shut by all the corpses.
    LOL! Another great visual there. I feel less bad about getting maimed when I tried out a hurthling healer this morning now seeing that a really skilled player can kill them, too. Do you also have a SMC/UD obsession? I kill a lot of characters because I always think the down stairs just might be around the next corner...and don't get me started on how few times I've been able to procure that darn blanket.

Interestingly enough I managed to pick it up with my hurthling druid this morning. She's made it to mid game which I'm pretty excited about. You'll probably see her story on YASD soon enough
    Last edited by Learning Lassie; 08-15-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Multiple quotes is hard. /shame

Quote Originally Posted by Kurasu View Post
    There's just something about the mental image of a 3 foot guy punching a gigantic dragon to death with their bare fists wearing only furs that tickles me.
    I've had a hurthling fighter with minotaur axe not so long ago. Every time I used teleport in eyesight range, I imagined him hurl the damn thing without losing the grip, so he's sent across the room "flying 'is AXE" letting out a high-pitched obscene warcry :-)

Congratulations on first win, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by persy View Post
    I've had a hurthling fighter with minotaur axe not so long ago. Every time I used teleport in eyesight range, I imagined him hurl the damn thing without losing the grip, so he's sent across the room "flying 'is AXE" letting out a high-pitched obscene warcry :-)

Congratulations on first win, btw!
    Fantastic imagination, I love it! And thank you!

I forgot to tell you earlier, but, congratulations on your win, Lassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post
    I forgot to tell you earlier, but, congratulations on your win, Lassie.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it!

That makes me all the more excited to play/kill some more hurthling adventurers this morning!