Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Duelist - IMO needs rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post
    Thanks again you guys. I actually already started a mist elf duelist character, but I will do a drakeling for my next one. How hard will the mist elf be to play?

I know mist elves take half melee damage, but I also thought that mana was a factor in magic defense. Is that true? If so it makes me think that my character will also do well against magical damage. And, of course, he has alertness to help with magical defense also.
    AFAIK, ADOM does not have "magic defense". You can be resistant to elements or death rays, and you can be fast/lucky and dodge bolts, but that's it. Mana has an effect on your luck, but it's pretty minor. Alertness and speed are much more important for protecting yourself against magical attacks.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    AFAIK, ADOM does not have "magic defense". You can be resistant to elements or death rays, and you can be fast/lucky and dodge bolts, but that's it. Mana has an effect on your luck, but it's pretty minor. Alertness and speed are much more important for protecting yourself against magical attacks.
    I thought it had a slight effect on resisting stat drains - which might matter more for a duelist due to having to engage in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I have to agree with Grobblewobble, we can't have them be powerful from start to finish. My Duelist victor did not use missiles or shields. The start was tricky with karmics, oozes, etc. But hey there has to be some challenges.

When they get that Mastery class power they are IMO just too strong actually.

I would rather say CK with the right corruptions is unbalanced and too strong from start to finish, thick gauntlets has to go flying.
    So what did you do about karmics and oozes and so forth?

I recall accidentily hitting one ooze, the rest I evaded or used pets. Once you have your artifact weapon you don't worry about corrosion of course.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 08-15-2013 at 06:30 AM.