Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 16 is out!

Default ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 16 is out!

A few hours after Prerelease 15 the next Prerelease 16 is available. It fixes a serious bug while changing between maps. An update is very recommended!
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Easter egg "gossip" SPOILER:

Thanks for the fix! Are savegames compatible with pr15 by any chance? I had a really good Chaos Knight going.
    "And light there be!"

Yes, they should be compatible, but ADOM filters them out because the file header version doesn't match. Sorry. You can try to modify it though but I'm not sure right now if ADOM considers this as cheating.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Yes, I had to edit the fourth byte of the SVG, and that triggered out of luck mode. No worries though, I'll roll another character
    "And light there be!"

Awesome release. Here are some comments about the graphics:
    - the new tiles for the water dragon lair are magnificent
    - I especially appreciate the (quoted from the changelog) "many monsters reworked to match descriptions"; when I read this, I went immediately to scour the monsters.html file, and, yay!, we now have the ant queen with wings, black-skinned dark elves and a small white cute dog which is really cute (big fan of the monster memory here)
    - Andor Drakon is now my new favorite sprite (sorry Khelly)
    - some other changes I like: now the bugbear looks more fearsome; so do the shadows and the chaos warriors; the new troll sprite is also better, it surprised me how adding some little details can make a great difference; the elementals are gorgeous and it's easier to tell them apart.

Also great additions on the musics front:
    - while the "March of Triumph" is still my favorite, now "A former place of knowledge" holds the second place
    - I don't know why, but listening both to "A former place of knowledge" and to "Path of the damned" (from 00:36 onward for the latter) makes me think of Miyazaki's films. These compositions have sort of a wistful nuance (well, for me at least).

Keep up the good work.

Will the graphic eventually show in monster memory? Also, it might be nice if there was an option to see item graphic in the inventory. As it is, several items would be almost never seen; scroll of information and scroll of warning, for example, are always found together, so they would display as "heap".

I tried to maximize the window -- it's great, but the messages and stats font is quite obviously blocky when the scale is enlarged. At the very least, there should be no need to scroll the mouse-over row at the bottom if the window is big enough to comfortably display its whole length -- or even to split it in two rows.

I like the healthbar borders, one question: could those borders be equipped with additional functionality and look differently based on whether something is friendly, neutral or hostile?

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    Easter egg "gossip" SPOILER:
    I have a hunch you need to trigger that item's particular effect either on the anniversary of when the crowdfunding campaign was started or when it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek14 View Post
    Also, it might be nice if there was an option to see item graphic in the inventory. As it is, several items would be almost never seen; scroll of information and scroll of warning, for example, are always found together, so they would display as "heap".
    That would be good in ASCII mode too, show how the item looks on the floor next to its corresponding letter in the inventory screens.
    "And light there be!"

if im reading this correctly, this mainly looks like a glitch fix release. i dont see any gameplay enhancements. or am i missing anything? still no use for all those statues yet, etc...

Yes, this was a more GFX centric release. Thomas will come back to programming at the end of August (like he said in his blog post about Prerelease 15), so I'm sure the next release will include gameplay enhancements as well.