Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Do I have a sad sad death ahead of me?

If something else kills Filk (usually something like a vortex) then the location of the scintillating cave will not be revealed. Very annoying way to lose your ultra. I don't know about wand of destruction... I usually use a wand of fireball if I don't have magic.

I saw in the guidebook thread a suggestion that if you kill him with a slave/pet, it might still count for you. That doesn't sound consistent with my experience with pets, but I guess it might be true.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

If people have achieved the Ultra while only killing Andor Drakon, pet kills must count.

No one has aachieved an ultra by only killed Andy - that was an OCG, which didn't involve the Filk quest (remember that it has a level 45 requirement).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    No one has aachieved an ultra by only killed Andy - that was an OCG, which didn't involve the Filk quest (remember that it has a level 45 requirement).
    Iirc, doesn't picking locks give a tiny amount of exp?
    If it does, you might be able to get level 45 without killing anything... maybe...

Possible in the same sense spontaneous combustion is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Possible in the same sense spontaneous combustion is possible.
    I'm taking that as a challenge

I think it is only disarming traps that gives experience.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yeah, it's just disarming traps, and that gives a piddling amount after a few successes. You'd have to disarm several million to get to level 45, and even then where would you find Filk if you have no first kill?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yeah, it's just disarming traps, and that gives a piddling amount after a few successes. You'd have to disarm several million to get to level 45, and even then where would you find Filk if you have no first kill?
    That's what I was wondering. Has Herr Biskup thought of that? We shall see, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Has Herr Biskup thought of that? We shall see, maybe...
    Heh. Interesting. I bet he didn't think of that and he initialized the counter to zero, so you would find him at lvl.0 (that is, never).