Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have a sad sad death ahead of me?

Default Do I have a sad sad death ahead of me?

Simple enough question.

Here's a quick run-down of my latest Hurthling Bard.

Started in Candle. That means, I had 4 talents so was able to get Alert and Heir.
    Blessed 7LBs from the first turn. A good start.

So I go, save the carpenter, rescue the puppy, kill one blink dog I wandered across and got a corpse from it. Eventually got level 10, wandered to the hole-in-the-wall, ran circles around the ol' crime lord while I threw rocks at him.

That's been my main combat strategy. Throw rocks at 'em and if they get too close... run and throw more rocks from further away. It works!

So anywho, I wandered to the CoC, found a pool on D2, drank and got teleportis. All good, I had teleport control already. So I drank again. "What do you wish for?"

I go through the CoC for a while, easily killing anything that gets in my way. Went through the Dwarven Halls for the animated forest quest. Was about to open one door on DH1 and I remembered hey, I should zap a wand of monster detection. Did so, on the other side was a tension room with a Quickling King and Mimic Hivemind right by the door, with about a million other nasty little dudes. I avoid that room, go down, save Khelly with the AoLS I'd wished for, bust through the Graveyard without any trouble at all, clear the water temple...
    And a Ice Giant that somehow got spawned in there dropped me another AoLS.

So, that's where I am so far.

Is the RNG about to dump something like, say, a Greater Vault of Master Liches on me? How afraid should I be of my good luck to date?
    AM I GOING TO DIE?!??

Ha! That's a nice little game you've got going there. Win before the RNG gets cute.

Nah. Tension room of White Unicorns. Teleporting beasts who drop your alignment for just DARING to retaliate against their holy crusade to kill the person trying to save the world.

Edit: To be a little more positive, that's a fantastically lucky game you've got going so far. I don't think in either of my wins I found an AoLS at all.
    Last edited by Sadface; 06-17-2009 at 10:53 PM.

This is the kinda luck I'm having.

I just found a SECOND set of 7LBs, blessed of course, just lying on the ground. Admittedly, a Chaos Spawn did pick them up before I could, but I one-hitted the spawn and recovered them.
    I teleported to a staircase while heading back to dwarftown to sac some stuff, and appeared right next to a fire vortex. It ignored me till I had enough range to kill it without getting hurt.
    I've found a total of FIVE PoGAs to date, three of which were already blessed.

It's getting to the point where I just want the RNG to dump a Balor on me and get it over with... although knowing this guy, the Balor would fall into a pit and break its neck :P

Oookay, the RNG has revealed its surprise.

Lesser Vault of Liches, anyone?
    And me with no way of stopping confusion...
    Hmm. I think I might actually have seen an amulet of confusion resistance or whatever you call it... but left it back in Dwarftown!!?!?

*treks up 14 dungeon levels*

What kind of Lich? Certain ones may pose more problems than just confusion...summons, death ray even if it's a strong enough flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    What kind of Lich? Certain ones may pose more problems than just confusion...summons, death ray even if it's a strong enough flavor.
    I saw three ordinary Liches inside a vault. That was enough to make me run screaming for mommy... It was bad enough fighting them one-at-a-time in the Graveyard...

Ah, yeah... normal liches do pose a threat to those without resistance to their attacks

(spoily)
    Code:
    Grey and Yellow L's are Master and King Liches, which both summon. Dark Grey L's
    are Emperor Liches, which can cast Death Ray in addition to their
    other spells. In Greater Vaults they can fill the entire level with their summons,
    because they tend to summon not-so-easily-dispatched enemies,
    like hordes of Ghost Lords.

(end spoily)

Aaand it was a ring of stun resistance, not confusion resistance.

Oh well, while I'm here I might go sac some gold and get me a crowning.
    (Then sac some more so I can pray my way out of trouble when I get back to them liches...)

greater karmic vault *so sad*

I've only ever seen two great karmic wyrms before, and I seriously doubt I will be able to kill them at level 22
    Last edited by Sadface; 06-18-2009 at 03:00 AM.