Thread: Can it be made so that Elementalists learn Earthquake later?

Default Can it be made so that Elementalists learn Earthquake later?

I don't think Earthquake is a very good spell.

It's cool of course. But usually it isn't helpful and it can kill things you don't want to kill and make lots of paths so you can get surrounded.

But almost every time I am playing an elementalist I'm used to casting some other spell, then I level up, hit the same button I have been and BOOM! Earthquake! Now I can get surrounded and killed the cute dog, and used up all my PP in a desperate situation etc.

Not only that, it just feels weird. I learn a fire bolt, a frost bolt, burning hands, then EARTHQUAKE! Earthquake just seems to be on a completely different scale of power than little fire and ice spells.

I'd like it if elementalists didn't learn it till at least level 12, maybe even 15. That way, on one of the few times it would be useful, like in the Graveyard or the Pyramid in case you can't find your way you could Earthquake to make it easier to find out where to go. Also you would probably be stronger and would be less likely to use up all your PP on one earthquake, and even if you did you could be better prepared and get away from monsters or just fight them.

I was playing an Elementalist who hadn't even found a shield yet and only started with a dagger. He was having a rough time. He found a rapier that turned out to be cursed but was still better than the dagger. Then he found some leather armor that turned out to be cursed, but was exactly as good as his starting robe. I was fighting a vault(?) of bad guys in the dungeon under the small cave and leveled up.

So I went to cast my spell that I always cast (firebolt I think) and accidentally cast earthquake. BOOM! Now the monsters could come at me from lots of ways. And I was out of PP, and my melee wasn't going to get the job done. So I died.

Anyways, so I think there are two reasons for making Elementalists learn Earthquake later. One: It doesn't make sense to learn what seems like such a powerful spell so early. And Two: When you do learn Earthquake it doesn't have much use and the character probably isn't ready for it.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading!

Have a good day!

You should quickmark your spells. That will help prevent this problem from happening in the future.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.