Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lvl 20 Orc Barbarian killed by... a water snake.

You can't get a poolwish as long as you're doomed, though..
    True. But I once got this...
    You become depressive.
    You feel elated!
    What do you wish for?
    Talking about comeback

Think so, too. You were allready crowned, so it's very likely that you could have got rid of the doomed status rather easily. Apart from that I'd bet that this char would have one-hitted the ACW with a tremendous blow. I have seen much weeker chars ass-drilling the wyrm like maniacs.
    I just wrote on another thread that one of the most important things to learn (at least in my eyes) is that you do not need a perfect char with every possible advantage in order to beat the game. For example intrinsic invisibility is really not that important as long as you have got a nice supply of means of extrinsic invisibility (potions, cloaks, rings, spell etc.). If you go for every single advantage, you create lots of unnecessary situations in which you can make mistakes and ruin your game.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    True. But I once got this...
    You become depressive.
    You feel elated!
    What do you wish for?
    Talking about comeback
    I would say 'elated' meant your luck changed towards positive thus removing doomed status. That must be the apex of lucky.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 08-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I would say 'elated' meant your luck changed towards positive thus removing doomed status. That must be the apex of lucky.
    I think he knows that, I think he was just saying it was lucky that he got the dooming removed the very next sip, which then allowed him to get the wish on the next sip after that.

As I am typing this, I wonder if you already knew that he knew that and so I am completely missing the point of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post
    I think he knows that, I think he was just saying it was lucky that he got the dooming removed the very next sip, which then allowed him to get the wish on the next sip after that.

As I am typing this, I wonder if you already knew that he knew that and so I am completely missing the point of your post.
    Thats exactly what I meant. Even if you get +doom from a pool, wish is only 2 sips away

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post

The point was to say what I think. Not to inform.

That point being that one cannot get a luckier set of results in a row by poolsipping, maybe.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 08-27-2013 at 07:34 AM.

I'm not saying that pool-sipping at this point of the game is a no-no. I do it sometimes. As has been said, it is not too dangerous if the adequate precautions are taken.

But we are talking about a player who says he hasn't gotten past the midgame at the moment. So, before trying fancy stuff, he should go the easy way in order to advance further in the game. And when you have a character with great St/To, Vanquisher, an eternium 2-handed sword of devastation, good armor, bracers of regeneration, ring of slaying and tons of corruption removal, I say the easy way is to go and blow the ACW to pieces.