Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing in Full Screen

Default Playing in Full Screen

Unhappy with games that seem to not be out to kill me, I've decided to give ADOM a try. I'm having about as much success as I imagined, having trouble getting the commands down.

Me: Okay I'll want some food *pick up 2 heavy rations*

Storekeeper: You owe me 47 gold.

Me: Hmm... how do I do that... AH I see... 'g'ive. Here you go my good man

Storekeeper: *Takes gold* You owe me 47 gold.

Me: Crap... I only have 43 gold left after that... guess I'm going to have to deal with this the hard way *Fires an arrow at the shopkeep* HOLY CRAP WHERE DID THOSE GAURDS COME FROM?!

He was doing pretty well too... ANYWAY. The question I wanted to ask was how to get the game running in fullscreen on Windows Vista. I get a tiny little window and I'd like to increase it so I can either see more or just get bigger letters so I squint less. I tried selecting the program and asking it to run in fullscreen mode, but to no avail, the game just says it can't do that and I still get a tiny window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sines View Post
    Unhappy with games that seem to not be out to kill me, I've decided to give ADOM a try. I'm having about as much success as I imagined, having trouble getting the commands down.

Me: Crap... I only have 43 gold left after that... guess I'm going to have to deal with this the hard way *Fires an arrow at the shopkeep* HOLY CRAP WHERE DID THOSE GAURDS COME FROM?!

He was doing pretty well too... ANYWAY. The question I wanted to ask was how to get the game running in fullscreen on Windows Vista. I get a tiny little window and I'd like to increase it so I can either see more or just get bigger letters so I squint less. I tried selecting the program and asking it to run in fullscreen mode, but to no avail, the game just says it can't do that and I still get a tiny window.
    Not fullscreen, but can you set it to run at a lower resolution in the compatibility settings? Like "Run in 640x480 screen resolution"?

Open the shell, config it to run fullscreen and the run adom from there.

Dunno if you can do that with vista.
    I never won a Adom game...

All ways to do that that I know involve installing Linux.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    All ways to do that that I know involve installing Linux.
    Imho vista has a shell.
    I never won a Adom game...

Tried some of those, one of which was suggested by my roomate, but none worked. Ah well, I'll survive. Or get Diablo II. Depends on my wallet ^_^

You can always use the tweakfont program - http://www.geocities.com/adombot/tweakfont.zip

At the very least you can get a bigger font, and you should be able to get fairly close to full size...

Tried some of those, one of which was suggested by my roomate, but none worked. Ah well, I'll survive. Or get Diablo II. Depends on my wallet ^_^
    If you do get Diablo II get the expansion for it too, its lots more fun with the expansion.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

-- The question I wanted to ask was how to get the game running in fullscreen on Windows Vista. --
    Well, you could try to run it using this frontend with this colour correcting shortcut should you see wrong colours.

Does Sage work in Vista, Nezur? It does allow both font resizing in the console and fullscreen mode through Alt+Enter (amongst a huge number of interface improvements), but I hadn't heard of anyone successfully getting it running in Vista.