Thread: Undead vs. Unlife

Default Undead vs. Unlife

Hi everyone:
    What is the different between undead and unlife? I know one of the artifacts is both undead slaying and unlife slaying. What's the difference?

Thanks in advance.

Unlife is golems.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Elementals, too. Not sure if vortices count, or grues.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

If it has the dark, twisted remnants of a soul perverted by necromantic magic bound to it, it's undead. If it doesn't, but is still moving despite not being alive, it's unlife.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Doesn't unlife equal contruct?
    I don't think a moloch is alive and yet it's still moving. It certainly is not an undead being but fits into unlife. And yet it's classified as a demon.
    The borders between monster types are actually quite blurred but grobble has it right I think - golems (and crystal/stone statues), gargoyles, margoyles and elementals.
    What about animated armors? Living walls? Steel zombies I believe are not vulnerable to construct slaying ammo so maybe those are actually undead.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Steel zombies are definitely undead. I think steel horrors and maybe bone golems are also undead? Don't remember. Animated armors, elementals, golems, and grues are constructs. I'm not sure about living walls and wall beasts. I think they're constructs as well, but a "living wall" probably wouldn't be. Maybe they're plants

For molochs, greater molochs, it's somewhat unclear from the description as to whether they're alive. I think other daemon types (balors?) are sort of formless beings, but are considered to be alive, or at least, alive insomuch as they exist in that dimension. Going mostly off memory here because I don't have access to the full monster memory from this computer.

I had always thought it should be like this: Undead = things that used to be alive, died, and then were reanimated. Construct = things that were never alive that were animated. Unlife = Both undead and constructs.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.