Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artifact challenge game.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Someone lured Gaab'baay to D:48 and you are questioning legimitacy of the story? Lol, grobble, considering your criminal record of tree-shaking pranks.
    3 wishes were from 5 UD and all Darkforge pools anyway.
    Okay.. backstabbing does not count as a chaotic act, then?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Backstabbing does not disqualify you from the platinum girdle, no

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Don't forget, Potion of Literacy is an artifact.
    Potion of Literacy was included in my list, I've added Rolf's Saviour.

What is the boots in the quickling tree named, I haven't been to that location in years?

Boots of great speed.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks JS. Just googled it myself, my internet is so darn slow at moment.

iirc, the dorf shield isn't guaranteed, but since there is a chance for it, I think you should go for it.

Also, grobble, maybe the alchemy skill was used to brew potions of raw chaos, which he then dipped
    [invisitext] yes, that is me being sarcastic toward the illiterate character who was definitely not savescummed at all [/invisitext]
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Boobs of great speed.
    Would love to get my hands on those!
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    But there is no alchemy recipe for potions of exchange..
    alchemy can make booze, booze can be given to the fool for random potions

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    That victory post looks really, really suspicious to me. This character reportedly got 3 wishes out of the first 5 pools. That is just a bit too good to be true methinks.. Next, the report says:

But there is no alchemy recipe for potions of exchange..

Finally, I managed platinum twice in 1.1.1 and failed many times; my experience is that you need to do a semi-speedrun if you want any decent chance at success. (Because the slower you play, the more likely it gets that some lawful monster will die). If I read how much time this character spent in places where lawful monsters can spawn.. I just have a hard time believing the story.
    when i first saw that report thought it was extremely suspicious too, they also mentioned a bug around a monster stepping onto a trap which iirc doesn't exist. suspect save file editing.

Even with up/down scumming trick in the ID its just not possible to gather that many potions without spawning a blink dog. You'd be talking probably 50k+ moves stair hopping to get anywhere near it (Unless you save scummed the dipping bit with your first potion. ) . Yet we're to believe they did the entire thing in 110k moves.

the one platinum attempt i made i'm not even sure where it went wrong, did everything right, wizard, bug temple then forge, then teleported through every level possible and still didn't get the reward at the end, so can't see how you could spend thousands of turns in the ID without hitting one lawful mob.
    Last edited by Carter; 10-08-2013 at 02:31 AM.

He was a bard. If a blink dog appeared, presumably he tamed it and immediately left the level.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.