Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Artifact challenge game.

If he was scumming for booze potions, he'll be on I1-I3. Blink dogs start from I4 (for clvl1 at least).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Well, off to a wonderfull start. My first character, human ranger, Literacy 32, finds elven chain mail on DD:6.

Well, this must be better than the leather armor she's wearing, right. 'of chaos'. Oh well, I felt so confident with her.

I think I might continue with her anyway, as I'm not a quitter of characters and want to get a feel for the mino maze and quickling tree(boobs in there) again and also verify my theory wrt saviour and life being so long.

Anyway, I thought I'd share how amusing the RNG can be at times, was the point of the post.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 10-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    He was a bard. If a blink dog appeared, presumably he tamed it and immediately left the level.
    assuming it was on screen. He didn't mention the booze potion scumming which is possible i guess. Then you have to take into account luring a monster down 45 levels by making doors would take an awful long time on each level. also mentions killing a chaos knight (over DL 3) and mining for darkness crystals (in the ID no less). Also went to ID 20 to get filk as well... all without hitting one lawful creature off screen? yeah... nah. not buying it.
    Last edited by Carter; 10-09-2013 at 03:51 AM.

I've played games where I never even encountered one blinkdog, not that I'm picking sides in your discussion. Just saying they aren't that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    He didn't mention the booze potion scumming
    Yes, exactly.. oh well. In 1.2 it sounds like a fun challenge, in any case.

Incidentally, booze trading is a terribly inefficient way to get potions of exchange. There are so many possible random potions, it will take ages to get enough PoE that way. Potion of raw chaos dipping works much better, you can convert any potion that way (not just booze) and because you can only get DL 1 potions, the odds are far better.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    assuming it was on screen. He didn't mention the booze potion scumming which is possible i guess. Then you have to take into account luring a monster down 45 levels by making doors would take an awful long time on each level. also mentions killing a chaos knight (over DL 3) and mining for darkness crystals (in the ID no less). Also went to ID 20 to get filk as well... all without hitting one lawful creature off screen? yeah... nah. not buying it.
    Remember that he was C. In 1.1.1 this means that lawful creatures are unlikely to die offscreen. In any case, why would he lie about the whole thing? This is ADOM, for Ansarria's sake!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I've played games where I never even encountered one blinkdog, not that I'm picking sides in your discussion. Just saying they aren't that common.
    blinkdogs are simply the most common, but alot of monsters can spawn as neutral that you wouldn't even know.

anyway we're disgressing.

the other way to generate artifacts is the SMC, which must have some kind of background generation that is unusual. If you look at eternium wins, they often generate stuff like protector which can't be pick pocketed.