Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything happening?

Hi everyone! Oneiros here. I will ask Thomas soon about the possibility of making some new tunes go public; I honestly haven't done so before because things have been a little messy in my own life as well. Just so you know, there's a lot more music than the last time I posted anything, plus, I'm working on some sound effects and voices (other community news here not to be revealed yet; still have to talk about and organize them with the crew). The graphic department is looking AMAZING, Krys just seems to be an endless pit of creativity, and Jochen and Zeno are doing a terrific job at correcting some stuff and rebuilding some other... but I'll let them expand on that in any way they want to . Cheers everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    I just can ensure that once that god-damn ADOM Lite RPG finally is out of my way (and progress is finally becoming much better - end of October is yet another new date when I expect it to be finished) things will pick up again.
    I'd give up my claim on it, but I don't think we could convince the other 350+ people. Realized a while back that I'll probably play ADOM on the pc 1000000X more than I'll play the RPG. That said I appreciate your efforts.

W

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your personal problems and thank you for quick response.

I apologize if I sounded bitter in my posts, I just felt that someone has to ask about this. Maybe I should have done that in a bit other form. Anyway, just to let you know, despite everything I'm still excited to play Adom 1.2.0 with all its planned features, and it's good to know that you still have working on it in your soon plans.

And I still hope that one day I will play Adom II - it was something I was really excited back in days.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by warthurton View Post
    I'd give up my claim on it, but I don't think we could convince the other 350+ people. Realized a while back that I'll probably play ADOM on the pc 1000000X more than I'll play the RPG. That said I appreciate your efforts.

W
    Do what every* software company does. Ship to deadline, issue patches.

ADOM RPC 1.0000

*except for the Creator's IRL company, which everybody should hire.

Best of luck dealing with your mom - My mother in law is in a similar condition, and it adds to my wife's headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwizard View Post
    I'm working on some sound effects and voices
    Oh god, when I saw that part I immediately thought of this. IIRC, what happens there is a fireball hitting a pack of orcs in Spiderweb Software's Exile 2 (or maybe it was Exile 3), some of the orcs dying, the others being on their last breath as can be heard. If ADOM's new sounds are remotely as entertaining (and let's call it, "to the point") as these, you will be the one to push me into playing the non-ASCII version! A touch of self-irony is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    *Stuff*
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, and I'm sorry to hear about your ailing mother. Wish her the very best.

About the subject at hand, like Gordon, I don't mind waiting because I trust the development team and know 1.2.0 Final will not become vaporware. Hell, even if you did cancel the entire project forever tomorrow, I personally would still consider every single penny of my donation worth it.
    "And light there be!"

Thanks to JT and Zeno there are some interesting graphical improvements coming in p17 (well, at least I fell in love with them at first sight, you'll see for yourselves ), but since the OP is interested only in core ADOM features, then there's not much I can add - TB's reply says it all. TB is the only one who can put in new quests and major improvements, so progress on that front might have slowed down this year (even though JT did a massive job bugfixing and balancing the game). However, I feel that saying that the campaign is a letdown because of this delay is unfair.

Give the man some time, he's good for his word in the end, I'm sure you all know that.

If anything we, the rest of team ADOM that is, should have been more verbose about the current situation and let you guys know what to expect in the coming months. Just didn't dawn on us since we focused so much on p16 and with p17 just around the bend that we got total tunnel vision. Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    You suck. 10 characters.
    Sorry about the above, but I realize how much TB and his team has put into this game, that he made this game for free in the beginning and that he has personal issues. Your words were just too selfish and blind this morning.
    I had no other thought in my mind at that moment.

@thomas: you have a terrific reputation for delivering quality. I don't want anyone who comes to this site to think I am complaining. I really don't want people to be concerned about buying into the pre-release due to my question. This is not like the 'towns' game pre-release or the Neal Stephenson gimme $500k to make you an uber game and then vanish with nothing. You have a sound track record.

It is why I asked a question inside of a thread. I didn't want to make a big splash about it. I am very happy with what I paid for so far. I think its well worth the cost.

Thank you for responding. Seriously, guys this is a great game and if your going to contribute to a kickstarter or an alpha pre-release Thomas's track record speaks for itself.

I don't know who universal is. I asked a question inside an existing thread.
    Last edited by gosos; 10-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.

on a side note, i guess thomas's experiences with the Adom RPG pen and paper game tells us that thomas will never write his great fantasy series... being a writer is hard.