Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there anything happening?

Thomas, I wish I could tell you to lighten up on the RPG, but if you have sound tax reasons to ship by EOY then I won't complain! I'm looking forward to the RPG as a source of lore and ideas related to the ADOM world, not because I'm determined to start a campaign as soon as possible.

So please, as much as you are able, take care of your family and primary business, and don't stress about the RPG. I am more than happy to wait, and I have been loving the new versions of ADOM. The rate of progress has been fine, and I have faith that the whole team will come through.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    It takes me an eternity longer to write the god-damn ADOM Lite RPG compared to what I expected. And by now it has reached a state where it is draining my will to live, honestly.
    This makes me sad. It shouldn't be like that.

Maybe try to think about the RPG not as something that you need to get rid of, but as a great work that will bring enjoyment to hundreds of people. Which is what it is!

As for ADOM features, I can wait as much as necessary, although definitely a message from time to time to report progress (even if it's to say that there is no progress but the project is still alive and well) would be great.

All the best to your mother.

I absolutely empathize with the Creator. I'm trying to create a campaign setting and a bunch of alternate rules for Dungeons & Dragons, so my friends can play. I can hardly imagine the challenge of creating an entirely new game, and one that echoes the tone and scope of ADOM. Mr. Biskup, you have made a fine game, and shown a great deal of courage, ingenuity, and ambition in your continuing efforts to fully realize your vision. I want to be an animator someday, and show people high fantasy the way I see it in my mind. ADOM has been a huge inspiration and influence, and this past year I have come to admire you as an individual, perhaps because I finally appreciate the degree of passion, commitment, and sheer sweat you've dedicated to this great game.

I wish your mother "Alles beste". Have a good day, sir; you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Crowdfunding campaign for Adom 1.2.0 was successfully completed over a year ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since beginning of this year/end of last one we haven't seen any real progress, and I'm not talking about fancy tiles and music for Adom.
    The races and classes are pretty stinkin' core! And we saw the inclusion of several of those. And not races and classes that are barely different from the ones we had already, but instead very interesting and game changing! Honestly, the most fun I've ever had playing ADOM was with a recent Duelist character. The most fun. That says a lot given I've played ADOM for 13+ years, starting in my early/mid teens. So yeah, I see massive progress and am very satisfied with the current progress on ADOM.

My sympathy for The Creator's mother.

Skittles I think you misunderstood my post, but I don't see point in further arguing here, now that TB made his response here.

Ps. Yes I agree, new classes and races are pretty awesome. I enjoyed new unique monsters too.

Got back into ADOM and the game is fantastic! What's the current postcard address TB?

did alot of people join the kickstarter for the pen and paper RPG? I think the vast majority prefer enhancements to the game...

Please scroll up and read TB's post. This is not a democratic decision. Be patient mate.

I've seen entire kickstarters done just to cover the printing costs projects the size of the RPG, to see it as a reward was a bit of a mistake. That said to keep his word he needs to get as much of his expenses on the books this year so he can deduct them or he will lose a large portion of the campaign's proceeds in taxes.
    Last edited by Deathwind; 10-17-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: grammer

I guess TB is probably relieved that we didn't hit the stretch goal that would have doubled the length of the book (though I suppose that probably would have provided him with enough to hire somebody to help out).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.