Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission: Pass the time

Default Mission: Pass the time

Since many of us will be here a lot during the next weeks because of the Mission ADOMPossible challenge, there might be demand for some related amusement between the rounds. For example everybody that has finished his official mission and wants to play nevertheless.

We play a random character for 6000 turns and post the save. If the mission was completed successfully, the player can define a mission for the next 6000 turns. Whoever claims an attempt may give it a try and should do so shortly after claiming. If the mission fails it may be attempted from the original save by another player.
    The missions may well be crazy, completely ridiculous and/or irrelevant to any progress towards finishing the game. In fact this is encouraged.

I'll start. Go ahead, give me a mission

Here's the random character I rolled. Missionary, the mist elven bard. Alertness, Concentration, Dodge and Herbalism. Three talents, so you know what I took. Please let the first mission NOT be "Sacrifice your Heir gift"

Missiona.svg

Get an artifact.
    Dont visit Terinyo or CoC.

tl;dr get the Phial

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    The missions may well be crazy, completely ridiculous and/or irrelevant to any progress towards finishing the game. In fact this is encouraged.

I'll start. Go ahead, give me a mission
    The storekeeper in the village needs you to pick up some supplies in the cave far in the north west. Get there in 6k turns, and await instructions.

Ok, I'll try to do both. A climbing set isn't far away from the phial anyway

xD didn't know there was already a challenge, I only saw the first post but took about 15 minutes to post my reply :P

Not wanting to be mean I'll try my challenge myself

My hurthling chaosknight who got 7LB from the first(!) gremlin she killed and got a climbing set and the phial is now awaiting instructions

Ok, so that was quite tough. I finished Mobius' mission with okitsgreat's restriction of not visiting Terinyo or CoC. Didn't get the phial though. So I went to ID:4 and back up to get some levels myself and found an amulet of light. Managed to raise the PV from 0 to staggering 1 with cursed thick gauntlets. Headed directly over to the Gremlin Cave and entered with my mist wolf, two grizzly bears, 3 large dogs and a huge bat. The pets had to die one after the other but bravely fought their way through the gremlins. I managed to fetch the climbing set and retreated cowardly leaving the remaining pets behind.
    Climbed over to the northwestern cave taming a couple of wolves on the way. Arrived somewhere between3k and 4k turns.

Next mission (6000 turns): Descend at least once to the first cavernous level (UC:3 IIRC). You are only allowed back on the wilderness surface if your PV is further improved from now 1 point to at least 4 total (attention: mist elf). Head back to the Gremlin Cave and rescue mist haufen, the mist wolf.

Here's the save:
    Missiona.svg

Claaaaimed! After I read about poor little Misthaufen (x-D), it was clear that I have to give it a try!

And this is what happened during my claim:
    - drop some stuff to get unburdened
    - chaotic altar on my starting level... but it's within a corner and there's a stone golem in that room... luckily he's not hostile, but I'll retreat anyway
    - dive to UC2 where a stone snake slaughters our wolf buddies :-( Lure it to the next level and at least save one wolf.
    - fuck, stone statue in the next room... not hostile though
    - next corridor I'm greated by a revenant... seriously?
    - try to run away and get sandwiched between the revenant and a mimic... first attack paralyzes me
    - died after not even 100 turns. Did I mention that this is just not my lucky day for video gaming? x-D

Good luck to the next player!
    Last edited by GordonOverkill; 01-26-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners