Thread: Surrounded by mountains

Default Surrounded by mountains

I just had a game where I was completely surrounded by mountains - couldn't get any of the shards. Obviously, this is less than ideal. I died in the halls of Fnuk trying to find a climbing set... but really, there shouldn't be a requirement to find a climbing set to beat the game, especially with none guaranteed. Would it be possible to make sure there's always a non-climbing route available to get to the shards? Even a route that has to go over water is fine - there would be at least another option, then.

You should know that in the latest version of ADOM 2, the shard of elemental air allows you to fly over mountains.

Unfortunately, if you then get a wilderness encounter the game crashes.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I think in this case he couldn't get to any of the shards. I've never seen this myself, but it isn't that uncommon for the air shard dungeon to be surrounded by mountains.

As far as flying/climbing goes, winged boots are the only thing that doesn't run a risk of crashing the game. Sadly neither climbing sets nor winged boots are dropped by monsters; you either have to find them on the floor or in shops.

Had this happen to me again - no way to any of the shards. :/