Thread: Companions illogicall enetering locations

Default Companions illogicall enetering locations

This argument stems from a RFE that suggest that items could be given to certain companions for them to equip, use or simply carry.

I don't want to clog the bugtracker too much.

It seems illogical or even impossible for certain companions to enter certain places:

The rift required 100 in climbing and a lot of willpower or having to be almost blind.

The quickling tree's entrance is very small.

The tower of eternal flames, well it is extremely hot.

The water dragon cave is airless.

I can accept slaves entering the latter two.

Valid point. But if this is to be altered, then so should companions being always right by your side when you enter a location, even if you've walked through the entire wilderness map with seven league boots and 200 speed I'm guessing both are convenience measures.
    "And light there be!"

i suggested changing mobs to let them have equipment and fight with swords etc... the response from the developers was that this would be a massive re-write. i would think that if you did this with npcs, the re-write might be comparable effort since they are probably based on the same mob code.

it would be cool to play a roguelike that had mobs have EQ like they do in Skyrim, but its a massive re-write of the code.

@anon Good point, I suppose asking for the party's travel speed to be equal to the slowest member would be unwelcome.

@gosos Mobs and other monsters already equip items and drink potions in ADoM, so I don't think too much coding would be required, might be mistaken.