Thread: Quickling Tree - Does time run faster in it?

Default Quickling Tree - Does time run faster in it?

Was at day 87 and played for a while and suddenly noticed it was day 156. The only thing I can think of is that it was the quickling tree as I did very little in between checks and I had Blessed 7 League boots on the whole time.

Yes, everything in there is fast. Even time.

... that makes getting your speed up by eating quicklings almost not worth it :\

"Live fast. Die young."

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltofdoom View Post
    ... that makes getting your speed up by eating quicklings almost not worth it :\
    only worth it if you are going to do an ultra ending and are already lvl 50 as the speed will help you alot against Andy. Otherwise you'd give it a miss for numerous reasons, especially since the 90 days+ bug fixed.

I always got the feeling that that place is more of a trap than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltofdoom View Post
    Add in that killer bug corpses can give you the same speed boost. At the cost of ruining dex, but that can be fixed with moss and the bug cave is far, far easier to get to. And time passes normally there.

Then add that the boots of great speed still aren't worth getting..

I'm afraid that you can leave out the word almost. :/
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Unless you're a wizard bug caves never worked for me. And eating/using herbs never seems to do much. In fact I never really got the stat trainer in the dwarftown to really work either and I've given him massive amounts of money.

bugs ruin willpower and increase dexterity. The tree is great if you have an underpowered character. Speed > 100 is extremely powerful and helps greatly for dodging bolts that monsters fire at you. It does nerf xp gains though, so be aware.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."