Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 18 is available... for everyone!

I had a feeling the ADOM Lite RPG would end up being a problem, physical rewards are frequently a drain on crowdfunding projects.

Oh, the keybindings has been categorizes. Very nice.

Default Can't get the prerelease to run under OSX

I'm having a problem with getting the game to run under osx (Mavericks). The game says "Could not read highscores completely (format v1)" and won't budge from that. Anyone have an idea what's the problem?

Tomi

Yes, you should completely remove the old ".adom.data" directory. Start the Finder, press the [Shift][Command][G] key sequence ("Go to folder") and enter the following text:

/Users/<example>/.adom.data

where you replace <example> with your login name. Now press [Enter]. Then mark all files and delete them.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Ah, right! Thanks a bunch, should have realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    Yes, you should completely remove the old ".adom.data" directory. Start the Finder, press the [Shift][Command][G] key sequence ("Go to folder") and enter the following text:

/Users/<example>/.adom.data

where you replace <example> with your login name. Now press [Enter]. Then mark all files and delete them.

I hope it goes on GOG as well as steam.

I buy GOG games far more often than Stream games. In fact i since ceased buying steam, as of 2011 in favor of a game library that is mine and not just licensed to me (I'm an old-school gamer in my thirties and that's how I roll).

It would be handy if http://www.ancardia.com/documentation.html was updated so that adom_documentation.zip, adom_manual.txt and adom_readme1st.txt pointed to the current versions of these documents as of p18 (given that there have been some modifications to the documents since p5). This would make it possible to link to the current versions from the adomfaq, the beginner information thread, etc.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

The documentation files are updated now.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa