Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game is just mocking me now.

Default This game is just mocking me now.

Start a mist elf wizard. Tell myself "Be careful!"

Take Sixth Sense talent.

Start with Frost bolt and Invis books, read both till they dissapear. Pickup Terinyo quests and head over to outlaw village to snipe my first kill.
    ( I like to starrt with an outlaw leader/mugger/beggar)

Check out the shop. AoLS. Oh my god.

Cast Invis. Pick up amulet. Walk out of shop. Score!

Deep breath. Wear Amulet. Burns my skin wtf. Take off. Oh well it wasnt going to be used for me anyway.

Shopkeeper repositions some items. Oh ho ho. Take another look. Mmmm spellbooks. Lets relieve him of those also. Add Fireball and Knock to my spell list.

Lets go save that puppy. Doors cant get me (will use knock on all closed doors, wont even check if they are locked), 2 good ranged spells, area of effect for emergencies Invis if i need to avoid anything too nasty, and Khelly as good as saved.
    PC-1. Five paces from the downstairs "A stream of acid pours down on you. You die....

I sit and stare at my computer for a full 5 minutes before I throw it through the window.

Looks like the Random Number God was playing another cruel joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwind View Post
    Looks like the Random Number God was playing another cruel joke...
    Truly, the RNG giveth, the RNG taketh... and every single time it happens you will want to launch your computer out of the window.

These type of things happen very often in ADoM, so always expect that they can die on the next turn, especially when things are going great. The overwhelming feeling of loss do become more bearable the more it happens. I used to bash keyboards and hit my fist against the wall. Now, I shrug character loss off in a few seconds. That doesn't mean I've become a careless player, just an accepting one and learning one. I still hit the enter key harder than is necessary though.

I learned in a similar way that Mist Elves die to traps better than any other class (Vortexes as well). I gave up trying to play them at all.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

Well, Mist elves don't require much food, so you can level them fairly easy early on in areas where traps and vorteces(?) will never spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Well, Mist elves don't require much food, so you can level them fairly easy early on in areas where traps and vorteces(?) will never spawn.
    even if you do your not really safe until your about level 16. especially a mist elf wizard who will have sub 100 hp below about level 20.

Stingray, did someone take a dump in your sink recently?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Sorry, that was uncalled for. It's the second time today someone on this forum queries my statements.

My appology. Mist elves are difficult to keep alive early, but there are means to make their survivability increase.

I'll delete my previous post.

I sit and stare at my computer for a full 5 minutes before I throw it through the window.
    Don't get so angry that you put your fist through your computer, or a wall! Broken metacarpals are no fun at all, trust me (I broke two on my right hand during my previous job.)

At the very least, they'll severely limit your ability to play ADOM.