Thread: Problem with mana temple

Default Problem with mana temple

I am currently playing a HE Mindcrafter - lv41, almost grand mastery in spears, 8/5 bows/crossbows and I need a little bit of advice with mana temple.
    Due to my own stupidity I have killed already ~200 chaos servants and about 50 in mana temple, then I retreated. They give constant criticalls(well, almost). (I am playing 1.1.1, so as I suspect it is uberjackal effect). Few minutes before I met a karmic dragon and accidentaly hit him(with message about bad idea), but at altar when I sacrificed some gold it gave me no message about gloom or anything(I am crowned).
    Now how am I supposed to get the last orb? Are there any tips for me?

After that to get a few more points of exp I got the needle and killed the previous owner, purified red dragon valut and Srraxxarrakex level(well great blue wyrms were really great :P).

Being crowned doesn't necessarily mean your diety will remove cursing and dooming: you need a high piety level for that. As for mana temple: zapping a wand of far slaying from the entrance might lure the archmage over to you.

The servants can't see in darkness. Use the archmages darkness against him. The servants won't move while next too you in darkness. Just melee through them. Check with an amulet of light or wand of monster detection Use your class power now and then to see where the archmage is. If you don't have PP use the striked methods.

When in range disable him with a potion of blindness, confusion or cursed invisibility or phial of caladriel. Stab a few holes in him under darkness.

IIRC the annihilators, WMoPC can see in darkness. Take care.

P.S. If you hit the karmic monster only once then you probably only lost Fate Smiles.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-15-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Being crowned doesn't necessarily mean your diety will remove cursing and dooming: you need a high piety level for that. As for mana temple: zapping a wand of far slaying from the entrance might lure the archmage over to you.
    Well upon sacrificing I received 'very close' message, so I guess it is enough. I will try with wand of far slaying Belive or not, but I have like ~60 wands and none of them is of Far Slaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    The servants can't see in darkness. Use the archmages darkness against him. The servants won't move while next too you in darkness. Just melee through them. Check with an amulet of light or wand of monster detection Use your class power now and then to see where the archmage is. If you don't have PP use the striked methods.

When in range disable him with a potion of blindness, confusion or cursed invisibility or phial of caladriel. Stab a few holes in him under darkness.

IIRC the annihilators, WMoPC can see in darkness. Take care.

P.S. If you hit the karmic monster only once then you probably only lost Fate Smiles.
    Well half of my potions were striked with lightning when taking care of blue wyrms, so I highly doubt that I have any of the mentioned potions.

Later I killed Sharad-Waador in melee and then I after reaching altar I received 'terrible gloom lifted' so now I can say for sure, that I am purified.

Thanks for tips, I'll try it.

Edit: I should have mentioned, that finally I have found =oDS, so I can get something of it for temple, but I think about 7lb, as I still don't have them.

Edit2: Well I came back to mana temple. I started clearing few rooms that were crawling with chaos servants(still giving me the usual criticals) and when I started healing and putting all the gear for my last(in this life as I was assuming) charge at mana temple, I checked where is the archmage.. well.. he was kinda already in the vertical corridor on the right of the map. Now he is dead, and I am 43. Seems that I still have a chance to win.
    Last edited by proxyLaw; 11-15-2013 at 08:19 PM.