Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small spreadsheet I made in 8 hours

Post A small spreadsheet I made in 8 hours

I was wondering if I could get some feedback from this sheet and ways to improve it.

I took all info off of Andy Williams 1.1.1 guidbook, as well as 1.2 prerelease 18 ADOM in-game manual

I don't think some of the player stats are accurate, nor some of the question/answers correct (IE the stat improvements listed when answering questions certain ways)

I heard that high learning yields the best skill improvement number per level up.
    Thus I had a starsign giving me learning, a race giving learning, and answering all 10 questions dealing with +1 learning and still I had a PC with a learning score of 8
    (And no it wasn't a troll, it was a dark elf chaos knight)

Anyway, any sort of help or constructive criticism would be helpful

Download link is here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/xz...ygms/ADOM.xlsx

The sheet is, thus far, quite simple.

The class stats in the Guidebook are completely wrong, IMHO. You can get far, far more accurate results by treating them as multipliers instead of sums.

There's a discussion on this topic from the Wiki. At the bottom of this page I did some relatively intensive testing to work this out in detail. I think the correct stats by race are now up on most of the Wiki pages.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Damn so basically we can't get racial or class stats at the moment.

Actually people keep talking about the adom.cfg file. Is that in the %appdata% folder? I'd like to turn questions 'off' and do some rolling if possible.

The racial stats in the Guidebook appear to be fine. The class starts in the Guidebook are wrong, but the ones in the Wiki are correct.

I believe the file is in here.
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ADOM\adom_dat

It may be easier to use the autoroller on the server if you want to generate lots of characters and do some statistics on their stats though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I think that in the last few prereleases, the settings folder was moved to My Documents (precisely to avoid having to hunt them in hidden folders).
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    The class stats in the Guidebook are completely wrong, IMHO.
    The class stats in the Guidebook are completely correct.

Guidebook just does not have random race attributes bonuses and background story bonuses listed.

http://pastebin.com/L7xNfdc5

Guidebook values do not agree with the results generated by actual characters. Giving me another spreadsheet of the same data does not change that.

But if you like, show me how those numbers give an average To value of 34 for troll barbarians.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 11-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Guidebook values do not agree with the results generated by actual characters. Giving me another spreadsheet of the same data does not change that.
    Guidebook values agrees with the results generated by actual characters, otherwise i would not be posting that. Try to find an error in your calculations first, before blaming the Guidebook.

But if you like, show me how those numbers give an average To value of 34 for troll barbarians.
    Just generated 10 troll barbarians with random month -
    27 To, 28 To, 32 To, 26 To, 31 To, 30 To, 29 To, 26 To, 25 To, 32 To, giving an average of 28.6 To.
    May i ask, where did you came with 34 average To for troll barbarians? Seems totally wrong.

Considering 28.6 To - 18 To as a troll, +3 To as a barbarian, +0-6 To (3 average) as a troll gives us 24 To average before starting background, which are unique for barbarians and are easy to track.
    Parents - +1 To or +0 To, another +0.5 average
    Child - +0-1 To or +0 To, +0.25 average
    Youth - +1 To or +1-2 To, +1.5 average
    Yound adult - +0 To or +2 To, +1 average

That gives us 27.25 To average for Troll Barbarians. Adding random month - +1 To dragon, +2 To Tree / 12 - another +0.25.

Therefore average To for Troll Barbarians should be 27.5 To, close enough to actual observations. I do not claim that there is everything related to stats on character creation in that paste, but seriously, find an error in your calculations already and stop blaming Guidebook.

I blame the Guidebook when it is wrong. The better part of it is a collection of myths and half-truths that don't stand up.

It's particularly ironic that you're saying don't blame the Guidebook when you aren't even using their values for your calculations.

It's particularly ironic that you're saying don't blame the Guidebook when you aren't even using their values for your calculations.
    http://adomgb.sweb.cz/adomgb-0-1.html#0143
    Troll - 18 To
    Barbarian - +3 To

It's particularly ironic that you didnt even compare my calculations to Guidebook values.

Meanwhile how did you came with 34 To average for trollish barbarians? I would like to generate such characters myself, but they seems to be faulty ones with sub-30 To mostly