Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this pure CK ready for ToEF?

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    heap of 2 uncursed cooked blink dog corpses [228s]
    blessed cooked dwarven guardian corpse

----

Planning to get flesh of order corruption?
    Yeah, I'm keeping them in case it comes and then I will have the option to use some more of the power that ChAoS provides.

ACW should be a pushover. Your character is quite high level for the ToEF (I typically visit around level 18-20, and have done it as low as 14-16 with non-trolls... getting above 20 requires far too much grinding for my taste). You have stilts and frozen blood corruptions, so you're freakishly fast in the ToEF as well...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks a lot guys for your honest opinions, there you go Al-Khwarizmi. There is more than enough for a pure CK to do to gain enough experience for the Tower. Without the need to scum or grind.
    Before the ID, assassin's guild, Terinyo, DT and water temple; she was already at lvl 20, had the robes, ring of ice, 1st stack of demon-slayers, intrinsic resistant to fire and had rings and gauntlets of -fire. The bracers, vampiric sword and cold blood was obtained in the ID though. 7lb in guild.

I will anyway bring an updated report of her status after the Tomb, Library and Maze.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-29-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    What? The ACW has been buffed, not nerfed!
    I could've swore that I've read somewhere that ACW has been buffed with various resistances, then nerfed a little in pure stats because it was too much. Can't find it anywhere now. I've met it three times this month and each time it was a pushover when assaulted with pure firepower (and resistant to disabling), which seemed to give credence to aformentioned changes. Now I'm not sure whether my brain made it all up (maybe I've considered nerfing blind rage to be a significant nerf to ACW?).

It is of course possible that the ACW has been nerfed again in the latest prerelease. We don't always know what Team Adom does behind the scenes.

Anyway, the TotHK and library netted her 2 levels, 2 scrolls of mapping, 1 scroll of chaos removal, 1 weird tome and a bunch of some other tomes she probably won't ever read and unholy aura. Her wonderful bracers broke during the fall, should have stashed that along with the slaying ammo. I don't really feel like the maze, maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow. Still haven't found a pot of cure corruption, so maybe she'll be forced to do it anyway.

P.S. I'm trying to remember, but aren't sure: Did blessed potions of gain an attribute increase one's attribute by +2 and the potential by +2 above the new value in 1.1.1?

I seem to vaguely remember something along those lines, so don't want to report something that is not a "bug".
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-30-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Not creating a thread especially for this, so I'll jus ask your guys' opinion here, before I submit a bug report?:

Spoiler warning: Contains an image and features of the minotaur maze.

Also, I thought intrinsic fire resistance and 2 other sources is the same as immunity.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-30-2013 at 03:10 PM.

I think there was a change to how vision worked with illusionary walls. I guess this is the result?

Yes, intrinsic + 2 source of fire resistance is immunity at least as far as ToEF is concerned.

Did blessed potions of gain an attribute increase one's attribute by +2 and the potential by +2 above the new value in 1.1.1?
    Yes, this behaviour has been present since at least 1.1.1.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes, one could see through illusionary walls while not inside them, which meant there was no point to them. I cannot decide whether it makes sense or not. It certainly did not feel right.
    I'll submit a report anyway and TB can decide.

Ah, ok, only for ToEF background heat.

Yeah, I recall that behaviour. Potentials has been so weird lately, my brain is all jelly.

Well, anyway her life as ChAoS kNiGhT ended in the palace of Andor Drakon. Paralyzes by WMoPC and not wearing any -para is deathwish in there. Now she will be with her creator for Millenia to come as a cute little purple j. The biggest challenge with pure CK is Corruption Removal. Either you gotta move fast through corrupting areas or you need to find a lot of removal somehow. I could muster 6 scrolls and 3 potions, that doesn't feel like enough for the palace. Especially with all the confusion and summons getting in the way all the time and needing to hit Andor a million times.

BTW, I was one hitting Greater Blue Wyrms in the Blue Dragon Caves with True Aim, I also killed the Ancient Blue Wyrm, Ancient Karmic Wyrm and Blup's Mom with True Aim.

P.S. Once again, I learned a bunch of invaluable things during this run. So, I'm pretty certain my next run will be a complete success. Also, I honestly don't think that background corruption in his palace should increase every 90 days.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 12-02-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Sad to hear that... though maybe good for the people of Ancardia ;-) However, I'm sure that another ChAoS kNiGhT is already waiting and ready to claim godhood!
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners