Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this pure CK ready for ToEF?

Yes, this girl was maybe not the best replacement for Andor. A creature of grace is possibly more fitting to beat him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    The biggest challenge with pure CK is Corruption Removal. Either you gotta move fast through corrupting areas or you need to find a lot of removal somehow. I could muster 6 scrolls and 3 potions, that doesn't feel like enough for the palace. Especially with all the confusion and summons getting in the way all the time and needing to hit Andor a million times.
    If I read the thread right, you were using pots of chaos before and ate some guardian corpses? Seems like you got what you deserve

Diving ID without stair-hopping is pure madness. Doing <> routine till you find a good level pattern reduces the number of turns by a factor of 2 or 3 at least.

BTW, it's Andor who paralyzes, not WMoPCs.
    The right kit for Chaos Plane reads as follows: 1 blessed PoCC in missile slot, 1+ source of confusion resist, 1 source of death ray resist, 1 source of paralyzation resist, 1 source of light.

Why not 9 scrolls? (3 from bugs, 5 from MM, 1 from HMV)
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    If I read the thread right, you were using pots of chaos before and ate some guardian corpses? Seems like you got what you deserve

Diving ID without stair-hopping is pure madness. Doing <> routine till you find a good level pattern reduces the number of turns by a factor of 2 or 3 at least.

BTW, it's Andor who paralyzes, not WMoPCs.
    The right kit for Chaos Plane reads as follows: 1 blessed PoCC in missile slot, 1+ source of confusion resist, 1 source of death ray resist, 1 source of paralyzation resist, 1 source of light.

Why not 9 scrolls? (3 from bugs, 5 from MM, 1 from HMV)
    I was just kidding about the corpses and pots, never drank/ate them.

Role-playing an ADOM character would not go up and down stairs, although it is debatable.

Last edited by Stingray1; 12-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.

If WMoPCs paralyze, this is a new and fairly significant change. In 1.1.1, they only slow you.

When you were fighting Andor, you did remember to remove the Chaos Trinity, I hope? The multiple cursedooms you get from those items makes confusion resistance almost impossible against powerful casters. Ankh + crowning + 2x confusion resist + 30 or more Wi should be enough for minimal confusion problems--no more than the odd turn now and then.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes, this was the 8th time I fought Andor so I know about the trinity being essenced. During my OCG attempts during pre 1, I quickly learned how corrupting those artifacts are.

Was wearing amulet of light(which was the mistake, should have had torch in tool slot, but I'm an idiot), helm of mental stability, ring of the clear mind and wielded AotME. Wi was somewhere near 20. e - which I think maybe indicates that one has to farm morgia.

Edit - I must add, I was pretty annoyed during the fight with the confusion and getting new corruptions so often I wasn't really reading much text or paying perhaps enough attention as I have already basically given up. So, I might be mistaken about the paralysis from the WMoPC. What I do remember is hitting one between him and me and the next thing, I'm paralyzed and probably slowed, so there was heaps of text passing by while hitting enter.

P.P.S. Anyway, the only point of this challenge was to prove that there is enough sources of experience for a pure role-played CK to be ready for the ToEF when the time is ripe without the need for grinding or scummy practices. I believe that has been done. In my next attempt, I will farm a little bit of morgia, just enough to get Wi and To to 25 and I will also stairhop the ID for short stair levels. As I see it now, the character is intelligent enough to realize that the levels change when he goes up and down. The purpose thus now is for getting this ending personally. A bit selfish I know, but I would like to have that on my résumé.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 12-02-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Bumping it up while completely offtopic.

Just had a fun run with a CK who found eternium two-hander of slaughtering in the SMC (barely clvl 2) and Perion's armor as a random drop from a vault a couple levels lower.

The game ended about 16k later when I smashed things in Darkforge with my sword (with 22PV and about 3DV on berserk which is a bit scary) to find only Long Sting and nothing else of notive. I decided to go get crowned, sold Long Sting to Leggot for money, attacked him to get it back, pwned him till he panicked and then while I blundered in keeping the distance while shooting him he hit me for 160 hp (two crits in a row).

CKs are quite fun, what can I say.

On a related note, you can still get Swimming from Blup despite the fact that he won't talk to you normally.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I believe swimming from Blup to be an oversight on the part of the Creator, I'll try to remember to ask him sometime.