Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play the New ADOM!

Awesome, bring the popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I also think rocks, especially individual ones, are too hard to distinguish from the dungeon floors; though I do realize that's non-trivial to fix.
    Giving rocks a slightly different color would do the trick?

About the clay, in case you want to know,
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I was about as successful at evading knowledge about the new ADOM as one might expect of a regular poster to the official forum with a penchant for sticking their sizable nose into everything. Which is to say, not much at all. As such, I am blessed with staggering amounts of half-knowledge, just as likely to go horribly wrong based on it as anything else. Which, as far as your prospects for entertainment goes, actually isn't too bad.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

You're being promoted by the creator, congrats!!
    Now I have to see them videos

It's not over yet!

I was a little tired when I started this. Haven't checked how bad the mumbling is, to be honest.

Maybe I have to get back to my old sleeping rhythm - the last couple of days it resembled that of a civilized human being, and apparently I have to record at midnight or later to be sure that I'm not going to get interrupted. That, or learn how to edit video like someone who is actually competent.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I have to admit that I enjoy your monologue far more when things are going poorly.

"I hope that's not a cursed ring of damage or .... (probably realizing that's the only ring that has a negative curse effect, save for doom or weakness) ... cursed ring of being shit..."
    These gems usually happen when it's not going perfectly.

In that vein, i'd love to see a let's play with a PC that's more graded to the middle-range. Assassins and Rangers come to mind. Mindcrafters and Merchants on the weaker end. Maybe a Chaos Knight? The gameplay isn't what I'm watching for anyway, it's definitely the (permanently slightly confused) monologue.
    Elementalists give many solutions, which I suppose is good for a newer player viewing to see the variety, and Barbarians are just devastating. Your audience prefers to see you struggle!

"My feet disappeared! No, they are partially hidden in the grass. That's so awesooome!"
    "If that's another mixed vault, I am gonna scream like a little girl... not that there's anything wrong with screaming like a little girl."
    Funny as always; I still remember the rants of good old Hocus Pocus about that silly healer. We should really RFE for this game to ship with a Silfir commenter included :-)

BTW, I think I never thanked you for those Hocus Pocus videos; I hadn't even joined these forums when you completed the series. Apart from the entertainment, they taught me a lot of things and helped me become a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by LFk View Post
    Elementalists give many solutions, which I suppose is good for a newer player viewing to see the variety, and Barbarians are just devastating. Your audience prefers to see you struggle!
    Yeah, they are cool, aren't they? Definitly not just "shitty Wizards" ;-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Well, that's wonderful to hear on all fronts to be sure. Thanks friends

I'm a slave to the roll of the dice. If there is ever a third Let's Play (not that likely) I might just put it to a vote or something. I really don't like the idea of playing a chaos knight. Whoops, shouldn't have written that, now I know the result of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonOverkill View Post
    Yeah, they are cool, aren't they? Definitly not just "shitty Wizards" ;-)
    Hah, I still maintain that they are

If indeed there is one place they excel over Wizards, it is the earliest of the early game of course, where Wizards are not guaranteed to have access to 3 different offensive spells from the get go. Beyond level 10 though? Eh. I did mention in that previous thread that reworking classes does fall under "not so important" right now, and that the class is certainly functional, not to mention powerful (as most casters are). Power was never the issue.

I agree that an ultra would not necessarily make for a good let's play. There are parts of the game that are just tedious. I have a PC on the public server that has Khelly saved, a first-kill farmer, and the Crown in my possession, but I'm about to give up on the ultra after 90 in-game days of wandering the wilderness doomed trying to get a boar skull to drop. I can only imagine the let's play commentary. "Nothing's happening.... Nothing's happening.... Nothing's happening.... here's a boar! No skull. ... Nothing's happening..."

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I really don't like the idea of playing a chaos knight. Whoops, shouldn't have written that, now I know the result of the vote.
    Translation: I would love to play a Chaos Knight.

Reverse reverse reverse psychology?