Thread: I just avoided killing some cave tigers...

Default I just avoided killing some cave tigers...

I decided to play a trollish healer, and took on Keethrax at level 9 with no problem. On the way back, I got surrounded by 6 cave tigers in a corridor. No teleportation, invisibility, meat, or anything that might help. I thought they'd leave after a while if I just don't attack them (they can't hurt me because I'm a trollish healer), but stood there for 12 in-game hours without that happening. Then I noticed that there's a corruption trap 4 spaces away, and some tigers were repeatedly stepping into it. So I waited until two of the tigers turned into WMoPCs, then killed those, but then the remaining tigers no longer step onto the trap.

I look through my inventory and find a pickaxe. I dig one square and make my escape.

I'm so proud and ashamed of myself at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raray View Post
    surrounded by 6 cave tigers
    my sorries you had no acid ball spell

nathrakh Guest

It's kind of funny if you think about it. You are surrounded by cave tigers.. oh I know! Lets DIG OUR WAY OUT! That's efficient, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Knievel View Post
    my sorries you had no acid ball spell
    Improved porkball.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raray View Post
    I thought they'd leave after a while if I just don't attack them (they can't hurt me because I'm a trollish healer), but stood there for 12 in-game hours without that happening.
    That's cute, you should have simply shredded them to pieces.
    "And light there be!"

Get this: I'm being chased by a wild cat, cave lion and a cave tiger. I find a rat tension room, clear it with the three cats still behind me, then give a rat corpse to one of them (don't remember which takes rats and which takes raw meat) and then watch as they tear each other to pieces. I also feel a tear of sadness on my cheek as I'm simultaneously horrified (sure, sure) by the death of my "friend".
    Then, the last hostile survivor is led repeatedly over a nearby spear trap and killed. Muahahaha.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Get this: I'm being chased by a wild cat, cave lion and a cave tiger. I find a rat tension room, clear it with the three cats still behind me, then give a rat corpse to one of them (don't remember which takes rats and which takes raw meat) and then watch as they tear each other to pieces. I also feel a tear of sadness on my cheek as I'm simultaneously horrified (sure, sure) by the death of my "friend".
    Then, the last hostile survivor is led repeatedly over a nearby spear trap and killed. Muahahaha.
    So the Cat Lord is apparently favors the clever, not the honorable.