Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Tackling the new quests & maps for ADOM

providing more in game information about actions that todays usually require external spoilers (at east according to common opinion)
    The ultra finishes are number one in this category. For example, an unspoiled player is very unlikely to chat to the assassin prince at character level 45. (Also related to the strange experience curve, because in a normal game levels 25 to 45 are not gained before you kill the balors on level 50).

As discussed before, it would be great if there was a way to defeat Andor Drakon while being N or L from start to finish..
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-03-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

>As discussed before, it would be great if there was a way to defeat Andor Drakon while being N or L from start to finish..

There is the artifact as suggested by me after being inspired by Al in the one RFE you created, what was it about again? Saccing gold to change alignment or such.

Here it is:

Wrt to the amulet that Al-Khwarizmi is proposing, maybe that amulet can be obtained by non-CKs as well. The function of it is that it makes chaotics, even chaotic gods(being that it is Andor that kills a Non-C CK), think you are chaotic while worn. There is your Ultra ending having to physically change alignment solved too. Oops, there is a problem though. It cannot be an amulet, headgear, weapon or shield. So to be precise, it is not the quest that makes you change alignment, the quest is simply to obtain the artifact. The artifact physically kills any PC wearing it committing a chaotic act, AoLSs are pretty rare.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 01-03-2014 at 09:51 PM.

> * Goblin camp near Terinyo - mutually exclusive with Kranach, very suitable for low level characters with tiny rewards

I want to second this idea. I really like the idea of a goblin camp quest for weaklings. It would be a small source of xp and food, which would both be great and not overpowered.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > * Goblin camp near Terinyo - mutually exclusive with Kranach, very suitable for low level characters with tiny rewards

I want to second this idea. I really like the idea of a goblin camp quest for weaklings. It would be a small source of xp and food, which would both be great and not overpowered.
    There could be leather armor [+0, +2] as a reward - excellent for weaklings and comparable with 3000 gold (you could buy more armor, but later - or get some armor, but now).

The goblin camp is a good idea, having to go to the bandit village and risk an outlaw leader or assassin is risky. The wilderness could also throw a bear or jackals ambush at you. The goblin camp should thus be right next to Terinyo.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    There could be leather armor [+0, +2] as a reward - excellent for weaklings and comparable with 3000 gold (you could buy more armor, but later - or get some armor, but now).
    Ha, no way is that worth 3000 gold. Half of possible starting characters start with better armor.

If you want to offer a real reward, make it a mithril girdle. That's 2 early game PV for just about everyone.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Ha, no way is that worth 3000 gold. Half of possible starting characters start with better armor.
    And the other half starts with 0 PV and cant kill a rat in a melee. 2 PV armor would atleast solve this, first points are the most important.

Those who start with none will be quite likely to find at least a robe of some sort (they are unlikely to even make it through a goblin camp at 0 PV for that matter, depending on layout) and will benefit just the same from a mithril girdle.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I like the goblin camp idea too. I'd suggest putting it maybe in the plains area west of Terinyo, maybe, since there isn't really anything there.

The leather armor is fine as a reward. Stronger PCs with good armor can kill Kranach for the gold instead. An enticing alternative might be something like a blessed potion of healing or two, and/or maybe a potion of cure poison. If the camp can always be found (unlike Kranach), and you only have to kill a bunch of goblins, then the rewards should probably be something with value considerably less than 3000 gold.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I vote for the +2 leather armor reward
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."