Thread: Oh god no

Talking Oh god no

A level 41 Troll Bard. I've been aspiring for a LONG time to finish with one, it's all I play with currently.. I had 130 DV on normal, over 30 maxed out skills, 2 spare RoDs, medal of chaos, every immunity naturally but ice (including para and death), regen around 4hp a turn, a full complement of spells, crowned balance, some nice artifacts (Thunderstroke, Vanquisher, ring of immunity, the cat ring, about 10 other), heavily smithed equipment, very good crossbow(11), bow (12), and spear (14) marks, cleared blue dragon caves and had all orbs,. I did it with clean living too: no dirty tricks or even PoE use.... Gaab was finished... I was going for the ultra ending.... day 171. 32,220,021 xp. Anyway.........

I read that you can hold > on stone circle to speed up entry so I did it to kill some time and starved to death from bloated in like 3 seconds on day 175. Depresssssssssssssiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg.

I have an aside as well. I used scroll of familiar summoning to make a companion in the dwarven halls on this char and my last (also a troll bard). They were both greater earth elementals, which are incredible pets. This one cleared a greater undead vault for me and was 'extremely skilled'.. they are great because they regenerate quickly and can walk through walls so they can participate in fights in hallways. Is the type of companion determined by race? I would love to get a pet like this one again, it was incredible. I had to leave it behind for some of the bigger fights because it was an xp hog, usually killing emperor liches and Ancient Dragons in one of its turns.

If I had a dollar for every aspiring archmage I starved to death by reading a spellbook of wish without being bloated...
    Also, all pets/friends generated via familiar summoning are random for every class. You got a bit lucky with GEE although they aren't particularly rare.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."