Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Adom Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    UnID names of some stuff [wands, amulets, bracers, rings] are cycled between certain groups.

Groups are defined by material stuff made from [in theory at least]. So all ruby amulets are pendants of beauty cause it is the only amulet of stone, all mithrill rings are ice ones cause that is the only mithril ring and so on...

having this sorted in an easy thing were someone could easily check what the options for his bleak amulet and electrum ring found on ID4 is would be very useful.

And i am also very capable to paste info inside wiki on my own...
    Ahh, that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for explaining all that I've added designing something like that onto my to-do list.

Please note that I never attempted to insinuate that you couldn't paste information into the wiki yourself, I just was questioning whether you were willing to spend your time helping out with this.
    Like I've said, I don't expect people to help with this project, at least until it's off the ground. If you are willing to use your time to help out then please do so! I would love for any of you adom-geniuses to spend even a few minutes a day writing up articles for the wiki.

A most excellent idea! I've been wanting to see something like that for a long time...
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

I don't see the point with a wiki. It's prolly turn out to be a guidebook clone with minimal improvements in a different format, especially considering Andy is updating the GB now.

Quote Originally Posted by tapi View Post
    I don't see the point with a wiki. It's prolly turn out to be a guidebook clone with minimal improvements in a different format, especially considering Andy is updating the GB now.
    The way I see it is, the GB is more of an overall picture of Adom, while a wiki will (if run correctly) be more detail-oriented.
    Example: In the GB while talking about Tywat Pare, the only details it gives on the Bounty system he has is:

"Tywat Pare will also pay a bounty ranging from 50 - 150 gold pieces for the corpse of outlaw types, including outlaws, outlaw leaders and muggers. Some unusual corpses fall outside this range: A master assassin corpse is worth 500 gold pieces. At the other end of the scale, cutpurse corpses are only worth 5 gold pieces."

The wiki has a complete list of each corpse and exactly how much it gives.
    Or at least, the ones I've managed to find so far :P A few corpses are missing their values, and from memory I haven't added cutpurses at all so far.
    Maybe when I next go and slaughter Lawenilothehl I'll get some more info on Tywat's bounties...

Anyway, that's how I see it. The GB has to contain a reasonable amount of information on everything in the game, while a wiki can contain horrendously high levels of detail on a few specific aspects at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by tapi View Post
    You progressed with milling more rumours in?

Sory could not stopped myself from posting this...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Just a quick update.

I've been attempting to add information on places and items, however progress has been slow due to the fact that I have managed to catch swine-flu off a workmate

So yeah, I'm doing what I can but haven't been progressing as fast as planned.

Questions that have arisen:

1) What's the deepest anyone has ever gotten into the ID?
    2) Were they cheating? If so, who's the deepest (non-cheating) diver, and how deep did they get?

3) Anyone feel like doing a detailed explanation of Gremlin Bombing or how to make a Wish Engine? I know the general idea, but have never done either so am hazy on specifics.
    4) What other "scummy" tactics can you all think of? I'm going to be making 3 pages for people who have trouble surviving at early/mid/late game stage, and will be giving advice on scummy tactics to make it easier for them. And non-scummy tactics, too

4) Scum off the earth:

* Mine. To mine forever, corrode your pickaxe by hitting a jelly, bless it. It is now cheap to repair by dwarven smith. Mine while having si in inventory for enough cash. Unlimited ore, with gemology skill gems too. Also generates stone giants, kill and eat corpse for possible +St. (Hardly scummy)

* ID Stair-hopping. Go up-down between two levels for quick items.

* Negative piety bug abuse. Make your deity very very very angry with you by repeated praying...suddenly all this negativity turns to super-positive piety. Use for a lot of precrownings, for example. You need to be able to survive the diety's energy bolt and summons. Dealing with summons can be done by making a wall of locked doors around yourself while standing on ID stairs. When done "summoning", just leave the level forever.

* Stat-gains. Basic idea is lowering stats to make it easier, or indeed possible to advance them. Sickness is known, as it lowers all stats. Starvation is much better, but works only on St, Le, Dx and Wi. Certain items give - to stat, like the common orcish helmet, -1 or -2 to Pe. More notorious is the ring of weakness, auto-cursing ring. It will set your St to 2 (cursed, 4 uncursed and 6 blessed). At this low St you will easily gain +St by eating corpses, or indeed walking around burdened. Corruptions also lowers stats and make them eligible for training. When corruption is removed, stat reverts to higher level.

* Experience-scums. Lowering the PC's speed when delivering a killing blow will increase experience gained. Lower speed by: Strained(!) status, Bloated status, Slow monster on self, wearing boots of slow shuffle. Also it has been said that turning the monster invisible helps too. There is also the "wish for emperor moloch in barbarians glade"-scum, wish on east side then teleport to safety across water. Now cast bolts or shoot missiles in total safety. Wishing for AKW when invisible is also pretty safe, you need to bolt (magic missile or wand of far slaying) him to death. Far slaying wand in a small room while wearing a AoLS, slowed, is a sure awy to gain a lot of levels (usually done after wish engine)

* Ultra healing potion scum. You need to take village elders' carpenter quest. Whenever the PC heals a monster, Jharod will either increase 'healing' skill dice, or (when skill is 100) give a blessed potions of ultra healing. These potions can be drunk for +1-3 permanent HPs. Heal monsters with 'cure x wounds', book-casted for unlimited. Monsters must not be hurt by PC, so a pet or alarm trap can be used. Generate monsters quickly with (book-casted) summon monsters spell, and the PC can quickly become "super-hardy"
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Wish engine via dip method

Shopping list:
    * 19 rings of the same type (for example, 19 brass rings or 19 rings of fire resistance)
    * A couple of potions of exchange.
    * One holy water potion.
    * A nearby altar.

Instructions:
    * Go to D9 (level 9 in the CoC). Anything deeper than that works too, but D9 is best, because this is the first level rings of Djinni summoning can be generated, therefore the chance of getting rings of djinni summoning is highest there.
    * Now dip all 19 rings into a potion of exchange. This will give you 19 rings of a different type, but it is random what you get. Repeat until you get rings of djinni summoning.
    * You now have 19 rings of djinni summoning. Bless them with your holy water. Now you got 19 wishes.
    * Use 16 wishes or so (depending on how many potions of exchange you have, if you dont have many, use all wishes for them) for "potions of exchange" (plural form!). Use one wish for "potions of water" (plural form!) and bless that water on a nearby altar.
    * You have 2 wishes left over that you can use for whatever you want.
    * Using a ring of djinni summoning always turns it into a brass ring. So now you got 19 brass rings.
    * Repeat.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Thanks, Molach! I didn't even know about that last one, and the rest were explained far better then I can

And cheers for those details, Epythic. I now know enough about Wish Engines to be able to make a test one, so lets see if I can do it!
    Also, how was it discovered that D9 was the first level able to get RoDS's? Trial-and-error, some form of code-diving back in the old-days, or just some secret knowledge that us Adom newbies don't get told about till we've won our first ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    And cheers for those details, Epythic. I now know enough about Wish Engines to be able to make a test one, so lets see if I can do it!
    Also, how was it discovered that D9 was the first level able to get RoDS's? Trial-and-error, some form of code-diving back in the old-days, or just some secret knowledge that us Adom newbies don't get told about till we've won our first ultra?
    Everyone knows it, its an open secret.

Have fun finding out where it came from
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/