Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adom Wiki

you might simply search usenet group [rec.games.roguelike.adom] instead of using guidebook. It is very few facts which primary appeared in guidebook itself.

Honestly i cut around 1K characters from bandit village topic and it is still watery...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Have you asked him? As long as it's just data being copied from tables rather than prose text I imagine he'd be fine with it. After all it's just in-game info, and there's no sense duplicating the research. The Guidebook would obviously be credited as a source on the appropriate pages too (I assume the wiki has the usual referencing features).
    Well, I did say on this thread that I wanted to use the GB, and he has posted on here. So I'm assuming he's seen and doesn't want me to use the GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Honestly i cut around 1K characters from bandit village topic and it is still watery...
    I'll take a look at it too.
    Is it a good idea for me to make an editing-required page, so you can tell me articles that need work and why? And when you think it's improved enough, you say so there?]

EDIT: I've cut another ~400 characters from Lawenilothehl, I think it's looking a lot better now.
    I've also moved the information on obtaining the TotRR to its own article, and created an article on the CoC.
    Last edited by Ascaron; 07-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Editing the Wiki is confusing. Apparently the text to edit will show if you hover over the title in the edit field. I found it much, much more comfortable to edit in Wikitext mode.

(I've made some contributions, anonymously until now because I am a lazy fuck who didn't bother to register . Wonder if people'll find out which drivel I wrote? I also tried to salvage some of the Trident of the Red Rooster article at some point, will have to check how much is left)

In general, the broken English can be very annoying. The only way to alleviate that though is to, well, edit it. I guess I'll work on this Wiki from time to time, let's see if something comes of it.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    Well, I did say on this thread that I wanted to use the GB, and he has posted on here. So I'm assuming he's seen and doesn't want me to use the GB.
    Well that's not really enough. Ask him directly in private message or in the Guidebook thread. Don't worry, he won't bite :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Oh and, for now I'm refusing to copy from the GB, as Andy hasn't given permission. I believe that the few people helping me edit the wiki know this, and are following the same plan.
    Numbers out of tables or Greater ID'd data is OK with citation. Anyone can generate that information. No sense in someone else blessed greater IDing every artifact in the game. Wholesale copying of original prose is what irks me.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

i am a bit tired to correct same thing for fifth time. Dwarftown might be not only on d10 or d11. Which is important as it can be in corruption free zone.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

> Wonder if people'll find out which drivel I wrote?

It would be the drivel with the #$*! characters, right?

Seriously, I'm guessing...
    "Blup will teach the PC the Swimming skill in exchange for a blessed Potion of Carrot Juice or two uncursed ones if these are given together (there is some chance with single carrot juice potions but it is not worth the effort). "

Do I win a nerd prize?
    Last edited by gut; 07-09-2009 at 11:02 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Editing the Wiki is confusing. Apparently the text to edit will show if you hover over the title in the edit field. I found it much, much more comfortable to edit in Wikitext mode.

In general, the broken English can be very annoying. The only way to alleviate that though is to, well, edit it. I guess I'll work on this Wiki from time to time, let's see if something comes of it.
    I honestly have no clue what you're talking about up there. All I've ever had to do is click the edit button and edit it, same as with any wiki out there =/ More details on what editing problems you're having and how you fixed them would be very nice.

I'll be making or working out how to use a cleanup template for people to flag pages with bad grammar so I can fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Numbers out of tables or Greater ID'd data is OK with citation. Anyone can generate that information. No sense in someone else blessed greater IDing every artifact in the game. Wholesale copying of original prose is what irks me.
    Awesome
    So no prose, at all. Got that. But the Appendixes are cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    i am a bit tired to correct same thing for fifth time. Dwarftown might be not only on d10 or d11. Which is important as it can be in corruption free zone.
    I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > Wonder if people'll find out which drivel I wrote?

It would be the drivel with the #$*! characters, right?

Seriously, I'm guessing...
    "Blup will teach the PC the Swimming skill in exchange for a blessed Potion of Carrot Juice or two uncursed ones if these are given together (there is some chance with single carrot juice potions but it is not worth the effort). "

Do I win a nerd prize?
    None of the people who've ever edited that page were anonymous So no, you don't win a prize. Better luck next time...

So no prose, at all. Got that. But the Appendixes are cool?
    "Complete list" type stuff including numbers, fine. Anything that takes interpretation or research, like the food stuff and amulets of order mechanics done by Malte Helmert, no. I don't have his permission to reproduce that elsewhere.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Ascaron, I've attached a savegame for you to look at. It's from winbeta 1.1.1 if it matters.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.