Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Oops" moments

Default "Oops" moments

Those times when you really know you messed up - yeah.
    After creating a box of doors to contain a breeder in the big room,
    I sort of got trapped trying to leave the breeder in the box, and
    zapped wands trying to find something to help me get out, like
    teleportation or webbing. Instead the first wand I zap is one of
    Trap Creation, and it creates an ACID trap. Oh, damn. Dammity
    damn-damn.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

I was fighting the skeletal king in HoTHK with a doomed ranger. Dropped my gear, made a small ice bridge, opened him up. We fought for awhile, I hit him with some undead slaying arrows. One landed on the bridge, the rest on dry land. I got hurt and ran to my loot pile, grabbed everything and healed myself. Skeletal king panicked, so I decided I'd go grab my undead slayers and finish him off with those. When I grabbed the last one, I saw "The ice below you creaks..."
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

The last two times I've seriously been going for an ultra, I have absent-mindedly shot a fleeing assassin in the assassins' guild.

Cat displacing monster, anyone?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by lotuskip View Post
    The last two times I've seriously been going for an ultra, I have absent-mindedly shot a fleeing assassin in the assassins' guild.
    It's not a problem. IIRC assassin prince still gives the quest even if he's hostile but you're better to survive against him for that turn.

My most memorable one was missfiring a magic missile at d:50. Shook my head in despair for 5 minutes, now I think its just laughable.

The first oops moment presented by me has been nullified >.>;; I
    uh...found an ochre ooze.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Dying due to failing to realize that you have the "Switch Place with Hostile Monster" ability when you're with a newly dinged lev 23 Monk, being the only char that got that far. Yep. Or the time i zapped a wand to test, in DT, and it turns out ot be trap creation. At least that stupid dwarven child got what he had comin'.

I was just in MT couple hours ago with my bard, first one ever who managed that far. I started to fight Nuraag when i realized i had forgotten to swap my AMW on.... energy bolt slicing through your body...you die.

more a ...i couldn't do anything situation : facing a lesser vaut of ooze, without artifacts/adamantium/ eternium weapons.... ^^and no missile guy ^^flee and come bck later
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game