Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cave lions teleport?

Smile Cave lions teleport?

I started playing ADOM about 1,5 years ago, but I never knew that (if it's really true) cave lions can teleport.
    It seems highly unlikely that something like a mundane lion should be able to teleport, but when I looked at one with my gnomish barbarian it showed this:

Like all felines, cave lions are the subjects of the mighty cat lord. They are very social animals who live in large families in the highlands of Ancardia. They are also very lazy and only go hunting when there is no food left, so when you meet a solitary cave lion, it will probably be very hungry. Their favourite hunting grounds are the dungeons where they can easily creep up on their prey. They certainly don't spurn the meaty taste of a careless adventurer.

Usually cave lions attack 3 times. They seem to have a speed of 93-100 (97 on the average).
    They are able to teleport.

Maybe this is something I would know if I weren't a newby, but I've searched adom forums, wiki and google and not found anything.
    Could anyone explain this to me ?

Are you playing a prerelease? It was probably a boss; since bosses are just the base monster type and nothing special, information about them gets incorporated to the appropriate monster type.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

It was 1.2.0 pre5, and is there such a thing as teleporting cave lion bosses ?

There's not only a teleporting boss monster cat now, there's also one that passes through walls and even an invisible one!

>It was 1.2.0 pre5, and is there such a thing as teleporting cave lion bosses ?

Not in p5, however remember that the monster memory is not always accurate(which is an intentional feature).
    Last edited by Stingray1; 01-18-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Ok, thank you

Simple explanation... A cave lion stepped into a teleport trap, and your PC saw it appear in front of them and concluded that cave lions can teleport.

Yep, this happened in old versions with teleport traps.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Don't tell me they took out teleport traps
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Don't tell me they took out teleport traps
    I think they took out the "this [foo] teleports" tag outta monster memory is a monster walks over a trap and appears in front of the pc