Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: List of must fixes

Rather than allowing the user to reorder spells/skills how they like, which might be more work to implement, I would be happy already if new spells/skills were always added to the end of the list so that the existing letter bindings didn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    Rather than allowing the user to reorder spells/skills how they like, which might be more work to implement, I would be happy already if new spells/skills were always added to the end of the list so that the existing letter bindings didn't change.
    Personally I think this is a minor thing, you get a new spell, you look up the new key and spam it all you like unto your foes until you get a new spell and you have to look again.. [Which happens, depending on what char you play between 0 - 50 times a game or so?]
    Could be improved upon with keybindings or such but I'm actually glad spells stays in alphabetical order.. that way you could find them pretty fast..

You will however look much more often in the inventory, to swap arrows for instance, there's all kind of sets of arrows quarrels and projectiles there, and you preferably want the largest heap most effective in defeating the foe of the moment. But there's no logic at all, they are not even ordered in quarrels, arrows, projectiles, or grouped by slaying properties, or whatever, alphabet for instance, nothing.. just randomly mashed together, and you'll walk around with 6 pages of them at some point in the game probably.. [unlike 2 pages of spells.]
    Same with everything else in the inventory, where's the potion? where's the wand, the scroll, etc..? why not ordered alphabetically so we don't have to look at every item until it's found?

@Rashomon

Yes, I could look up the new keys whenever I get a new spell/skill but I rarely if ever remember to do that when playing so I would prefer if they didn't change.

Also I don't really mind so much searching for what arrows to use. What kind of annoys me though is when you run out of arrows and it starts asking yes/no for every single stack and you're not really sure what to answer because you have like 50 different stacks of arrows and can't really tell if the asked for one is the best one for you to be reloading with for the situation or not. I would rather it just gave me the complete list to choose from or just 'Z' out of I don't want to reload with anything.

just press 'q' and then manually select them from the inventory.. I don't think that takes longer in game-time..

Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon View Post
    just press 'q' and then manually select them from the inventory.. I don't think that takes longer in game-time..
    I've tried this a few times and it seems you are right about it not taking any more of in game time so I guess it's not that big of a problem then.

Now if only there was a similar solution for when picking up several stacks of ammunition with ';' and shift + 'Y'...

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    I think better organization of the backpack is a must fix. Towards the mid and end game sorting through it to find what you want to use or drop is a nightmare, hundreds and hundreds of items. It seems I spend as much time managing the massive inventory as I do actually playing the game.

Tabs you could open by clicking on them, such as (Helms)(Amulets)(Boots)(Girdles)(1handedweapons) you press a key or click and then it opens or closes those sections 1 by 1 at a time. Could drop every item in each group with one click/key.

Missiles - it's been said before - being able to just stack them together in bundles and perhaps average the +/- to hit and to damage for the whole bunch would be a godsend.

Wands could use better organization - all wands of the same type next to each other in the same section. Rather than say, wand of monster detection in the first screen, then scroll down 5 sections and there's another one. Why not have the 2 same type of wand appear together and listed alphabetically so it's easy to find what you're looking for? And a command to zap the same one you previously zapped instead of having to go through 10 pages of wands to find it again.
    I wholeheartily agree, though "repeat last command" already takes care of your very last point, at least partially. The missile question is addressed here. I'd support every suggestion you've made, especially the one about items of the same type being displayed next to each other; not just with wands, but with every kind of item. Please make an RFE so I can go upvote it
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

There's a few interface issues that make the MS-DOS version frustrating for me to play:

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4463
    http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4061
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

When I tried to apply bandage from inventory my game crushed.. Part of the progress lost. You could see this moment at my stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCBzakwSIIM&t=3300s

I'm playing steam version, Windows 7 x64 OS

Not sure if this is just my imagination or not, but I can't recall the last time I saw an enemy panic. Fight to the death is very frequent though (whilst seemingly not as deadly as before). Wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not fleeing seems as frequent as it used to be for them?