Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Mission ADOMPossible: Threading Water

Ok.... what the heck.

I'm wearing the cursed thick gauntlets.
    I "dip" the gauntlets into a potion of holy water.
    "The potion of holy water glows in a sick green light for some seconds. You dip the cursed thick gauntlets into the blessed potion of poison. Nothing happens."

.... I'm obviously *wearing* the gauntlets since they're cursed - how the heck did I poison my holy water?

Edit: I searched projects for "Thick Gauntlets", didn't find something like this, and put in an RFE. http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2773
    Last edited by Harwin; 03-25-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    Ok.... what the heck.

I'm wearing the cursed thick gauntlets.
    I "dip" the gauntlets into a potion of holy water.
    "The potion of holy water glows in a sick green light for some seconds. You dip the cursed thick gauntlets into the blessed potion of poison. Nothing happens."

.... I'm obviously *wearing* the gauntlets since they're cursed - how the heck did I poison my holy water?

Edit: I searched projects for "Thick Gauntlets", didn't find something like this, and put in an RFE. http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2773
    This is one of the chicken and egg problems, since you couldn't possibly dip your gauntlets inside a potion without actually having to remove them... wait...

Update:
    I'm on D:50, at 88 speed (arrived at 86 speed - speed is coming back SLOWLY). Uselessness gave me Sun's Messenger! I'd have preferred Bracers of War, but Sun's Messenger is very nice, especially considering how many truly useless gifts I could have gotten. I've got about 3300 moves to clear and close the gates.

Edit:
    About 2800 moves to go. I'm at normal speed, cleared the chaos mutant rooms.

My plan now is to dig into the lever rooms and shut the gates to stop background corruption, then clear the rest.
    Last edited by Harwin; 03-25-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Good luck with the balors! Remember your demon slaying arrows, especially since you got the cool bow now!

Regarding the thick gauntlets and holy water, that's mean. I don't think it should work that way... Going to upvote your RFE now.

And I'll also play Lanthir sometime this week. There is no turn limit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Good luck with the balors! Remember your demon slaying arrows, especially since you got the cool bow now!

Regarding the thick gauntlets and holy water, that's mean. I don't think it should work that way... Going to upvote your RFE now.

And I'll also play Lanthir sometime this week. There is no turn limit, right?
    There is no turn limit on any of the other 4 characters(and I think all locations are open)
    Lanthir will have a bit of a corruption limit - he has the one cursed scroll from HMV but he obviously won't get one from the Dwarven Mystic since he got Rolf's stuff.

I *think* Khelly is still alive - but check my story.

Edit: Also we're pretty sure Darkforge has been generated and has 1 2h Adamantium sword of penetration, and 1 WDSM (and trapped armor!)
    Last edited by Harwin; 03-25-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Gordon and Szopin - when are you planning on starting your plays?
    You have a little over 1 week left.

At this very moment ;-) I would have started earlier, but I had a wonderful trollish healer on the server that I wanted to finish first and she has now successfully closed the chaos gate, so it's now time for Sturm Flut!
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Good luck Gordon.

From my notes:
    Note that we do NOT have -Cold.
    We also still don't have a bow.
    There's also a threat room of ogre emperors a few levels up (but there's also a chaotic altar on the level if necessary)
    We have a wand of destruction(4), a wand of teleport(3), and a potion of booze. These can be saved for D:50. ([b]Note: You can't destroy *both* levers, since you have to leave the gate open but you might be ok destroying one.)
    We do NOT have trap detection, so those items should NOT be taken to the mana temple level, especially the otherwise useless wand of teleport.
    Our pick axe is broken, but we have a scroll of repair. I should have repaired it before handing over save, but didn't.

I put 3 of our 4 talents gained into the "Basher" line for a total of +6 hit/damage with both Grod and Big Punch, depending on what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    From my notes:
    Note that we do NOT have -Cold.
    We also still don't have a bow.
    There's also a threat room of ogre emperors a few levels up (but there's also a chaotic altar on the level if necessary)
    We have a wand of destruction(4), a wand of teleport(3), and a potion of booze. These can be saved for D:50. ([b]Note: You can't destroy *both* levers, since you have to leave the gate open but you might be ok destroying one.)
    We do NOT have trap detection, so those items should NOT be taken to the mana temple level, especially the otherwise useless wand of teleport.
    Our pick axe is broken, but we have a scroll of repair. I should have repaired it before handing over save, but didn't.

I put 3 of our 4 talents gained into the "Basher" line for a total of +6 hit/damage with both Grod and Big Punch, depending on what we need.
    Hmmmm, for -cold I could just use the elemental gauntlets or the AMW, so that should not be a problem. Guess I will first do the mana temple. Sturm Flut looks perfectly well-prepared in my eyes.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by GordonOverkill View Post
    Hmmmm, for -cold I could just use the elemental gauntlets or the AMW, so that should not be a problem. Guess I will first do the mana temple. Sturm Flut looks perfectly well-prepared in my eyes.
    It's also the only temple left, I think.