Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YASD: Overconfidence II

Default YASD: Overconfidence II

Crap...crap crap crap crap crap...crap!

First time i can get a dark elven necromancer to lvl 15. Was going for a normal chaos god ending so got crowned at lvl 11 and received the freakin vanquisher and my corruptions were teleportitis (i had tctrl alredy so it was great) and stiffened muscles (good enough since i was raven sign so the speed cut wasnt tha big of a deal). with the vanquisher i was slaying everything in my path and went to the arena for the 4th dwarven quest. Won the Gladius and thought to myself... well... i think i can make some cash here. And in 5 years of adom i had never seen anything greater than a titan or troll king generated in the arena so i went for it.

Got past a berseker king and a death ooze with use of darkness spell and vanquiser pretty easily, then... ancient red dragon. as soon as i see it, the fire blast is already on its way and boom... no fire resistance whatsoever and i'm history. Damnit.... that was problably my most promising character in a while.

I'd rather had not been crowned with such a great artifact... screwed with my head.

(forgot to generate memorial file)

I have to stop playing adom when i'm just bored... it's aways a stupid death.

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    stiffened muscles (good enough since i was raven sign so the speed cut wasnt tha big of a deal).
    Yeah... that would be overconfidence. This is the worst mutation in the game.
    ________
    Honda Quint specifications
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 11:04 PM.

I once had to fight a greater moloch in the arena. That's why I never do extra arena combats without decent hp, some resistances and some source of on-demand teleport.

Stiffened muscles also increases energy cost of actions, which hurts REALLY bad. I think normal movement goes from 1000 to 2000?
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

it goes from 1000 to 1500

i know its bad.... but i was pretty strong for that part of the game and it was my second corruption. So if I wanted i could just go to HMV and read that SoCR uncursed and it would go away, mantaining the teleportitis.

I learned this time. Today i got a gnomish necro to lvl 21, and i was reaaly being careful to get everything right this time and then i noticed why i shouldnt play adom at 3 in the morning...

I was permainvisible and i had the last arena fight to go, but i forgot that i had to clean the ogre cave first...so I killed Li-Hon-Kay an then realized that I was going to have to do another monster slaying quest. That was fine. I was expecting to get rolfs shield 'cause i was playing a lawful necro for the part of the game I didn't use necromancy (but ultimately going for a normal chaos god ending). The RNG didnt give me the shield... ok... we move on. Then thundarr asks me to slay a cave lion...??. I was so damn pissed!!! Hadnt killed any cats so far.

Tried to kill it with a slave but it doesn't count. Found another and killed it... I was already thinking about throwing the game away... i'm a bit of a perfecctionist i guess...lol... terrible trait to have when playing adom.

But fiiiiine... let's kill the demon. I don't think i ever found such a strong demon before. the rng really fucked my PC up... got drained for 3 To and 6 Le.... was already extra pissed with everything... and decided to throw my game away.

And then IRONY strikes.... the demon droppep a blue amulet. I looked at that and thought to myself... "it would be dead cruel for this amulet to be an AoLS" .even if i'm not going for an ultra it's still a damn useful amulet. Identified it and there it was.... the second time ever i got an aols in a normal game course (not wished for or scummed in the ID).

But i was just too pissed with myself and the RNG to continue with the character. So yeah... i killed it.

And by the way... have anybody here tried to sacrifice yourself to your god? I was trying to convert an altar earlier and got rid of every last bit of equipment I had... forgot to pick up the money and 'O'ffered at the altar. The game asked me if I wanted to sacrifice myself. Is it really possible? If so... it's a very stylish way to die when you just have no place to escape in a leve with altars.

>And by the way... have anybody here tried to sacrifice yourself to your god?
    >I was trying to convert an altar earlier and got rid of every last bit of equipment I had... forgot to pick up the money and
    >'O'ffered at the altar.The game asked me if I wanted to sacrifice myself. Is it really possible? If so...
    >it's a very stylish way to die when you just have no place to escape in a leve with altars.

It's definitely possible =)

By the way, I think crowning yourself as a Champion of Chaos on lvl 15 if you are going for OCG is not a very nice thing. The problem is with corruption - firstly, you get some immediately, but secondly and much more important, you'll increase the speed you are gaining them and that can be fatal. IMO, it's better to be C and not C- up to the last point and then crown...

I agree. But for years I wanted to play a straight chaotic for roleplaying reasons, corruptions and such were actually a personal challenge for that game. I didnt get SoCR in dwarftown nor saved the old man, so i was trying to go through the game as a pure chaotic w/o SoCR. If i became a mass of pure chaos by the mana temple it's allright ... =P

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    it goes from 1000 to 1500

i know its bad.... but i was pretty strong for that part of the game and it was my second corruption. So if I wanted i could just go to HMV and read that SoCR uncursed and it would go away, mantaining the teleportitis.

I learned this time. Today i got a gnomish necro to lvl 21, and i was reaaly being careful to get everything right this time and then i noticed why i shouldnt play adom at 3 in the morning...

I was permainvisible and i had the last arena fight to go, but i forgot that i had to clean the ogre cave first...so I killed Li-Hon-Kay an then realized that I was going to have to do another monster slaying quest. That was fine. I was expecting to get rolfs shield 'cause i was playing a lawful necro for the part of the game I didn't use necromancy (but ultimately going for a normal chaos god ending). The RNG didnt give me the shield... ok... we move on. Then thundarr asks me to slay a cave lion...??. I was so damn pissed!!! Hadnt killed any cats so far.

Tried to kill it with a slave but it doesn't count. Found another and killed it... I was already thinking about throwing the game away... i'm a bit of a perfecctionist i guess...lol... terrible trait to have when playing adom.

But fiiiiine... let's kill the demon. I don't think i ever found such a strong demon before. the rng really fucked my PC up... got drained for 3 To and 6 Le.... was already extra pissed with everything... and decided to throw my game away.

And then IRONY strikes.... the demon droppep a blue amulet. I looked at that and thought to myself... "it would be dead cruel for this amulet to be an AoLS" .even if i'm not going for an ultra it's still a damn useful amulet. Identified it and there it was.... the second time ever i got an aols in a normal game course (not wished for or scummed in the ID).

But i was just too pissed with myself and the RNG to continue with the character. So yeah... i killed it.

And by the way... have anybody here tried to sacrifice yourself to your god? I was trying to convert an altar earlier and got rid of every last bit of equipment I had... forgot to pick up the money and 'O'ffered at the altar. The game asked me if I wanted to sacrifice myself. Is it really possible? If so... it's a very stylish way to die when you just have no place to escape in a leve with altars.
    If you want a REALLY stylish death... sacrifice yourself while wearing an AoLS.

The greater daemon in Dwarftown is probably best just to sacrifice at the altar--although, you were chaotic, so that isn't really any help to you (although, if you drop your gear, you *probably* could still safely sacrifice him... at worst you'd convert the altar and get the entire town hostile though).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Wow! next AoLS i get i'm gonna remember to try this! LOL

Gonna keep a backup save file in case my PC dies (or a beat the game) and try that! Could be fun, although i dunno if when you sacrifice youserlf you actually die from loss of HP, if not, then the AoLS probably won't help.

Just imagine how you'd react if you were an ADOM deity and one of your followers tries to sacrifice himself while wearing one of these amulets.