Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission ADOMPossible: Team Mana

Default Mission ADOMPossible: Team Mana

In the ADOM universe, Mana is widely seen as the most powerful of the five elements, with its practitioners often ascending to great heights and skills. Because of the sheer power of mana, Fate has pitted only four such members to fight against the other elemental teams of five. The odds have always been against the forces of Mana, but with the sheer power that we possess, we can hope to bring honor and glory to Team Mana!

Now that we’ve gotten that cheesy introduction out of the way, welcome to the official Team Mana thread, where we can discuss our battle plan for selecting the characters to fulfill the nine ADOMPossible missions!

I have played ADOM for around 6 years now, having scored 3 wins in my career (a Gnomish Thief UNE, a High Elf Wizard ULE, and a High Elf regular win). I do not have too much experience with speedrunning, so any tips to help with that respect is appreciated.

Our first order of business is to put together a list of preferred classes, using the races we are given (Orc, Ratling, High Elf)

My personal list of preferred classes are as follows:

1. Wizard
    2. Archer
    3. Druid
    4. Elementalist
    5. Priest
    6. Paladin
    7. Duelist
    8. Barbarian
    9. Healer
    10. Ranger
    11. Monk
    12. Weaponsmith
    13. Beastfighter
    14. Necromancer
    15. Mindcrafter
    16. Fighter
    17. Bard
    18. Assassin
    19. Thief
    20. Farmer
    21. Merchant

For the Chaos knight, I believe that it should be the ratling, since they could use the strength boost that comes from all of the heavy equipment that chaos knights carry at the start (at least they benefit better than orcs), which will really help with early survival. I believe that we should assign our High Elf to whatever is our first choice, as high elves are good candidates for the top 7 classes.

Okitsgreat, Arbot, and Ravenshire, please let me know of your input/preferences, and let’s see if we can make up a good battle plan!
    Last edited by kapak44; 01-25-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Welcoming Ravenshire to our team.

My personal list:

1. Archer (2 Races with high Dx, one with FW)
    2. Wizard
    3. Barbarian
    4. Monk
    5. Druid
    6. Priest
    7. Duelist
    8. Ranger
    9. Paladin
    10. Weaponsmith
    11. Beastfighter
    12. Healer
    13. Elementalist
    14. Fighter
    15. Assassin
    16. Necromancer
    17. Bard
    18. Mindcrafter
    19. Thief
    20. Farmer
    21. Merchant

Do we have to play a Chaos Knight if we're only three?
    Last edited by okitsgreat; 01-24-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Placed druid higher

No, we don't. So the orc should probably belong to a combat class.

I have great experience with druids, since they are very good spellcasters. Better than priests in my opinion. The same goes for elementalists. Both classes have healing and I think herbalism, so I think they should go higher on the list.

Can both of you please list your player preferences so everyone can be happy with what they're playing?
    Last edited by kapak44; 01-24-2014 at 07:11 PM.

I can't really talk about druids, as I rarely play them, personally I prefer priests. If we do get one, feel free to destroy with it
    If you are so experienced with them I'll place the druid higher on my list.

Revised list taking your preferences into question:

1. Archer
    2. Wizard
    3. Barbarian
    4. Priest
    5. Druid
    6. Monk
    7. Duelist
    8. Ranger
    9. Paladin
    10. Healer
    11. Elementalist
    12. Weaponsmith
    13. Beastfighter
    14. Fighter
    15. Assassin
    16. Necromancer
    17. Bard
    18. Mindcrafter
    19. Thief
    20. Farmer
    21. Merchant

Priests have a *slightly* easier time than monks, and have an easier time with weapons. I'm not too sold on weaponsmiths-they take a while to really survive the game. They should be below healer and elementalists for sure. Of course that is just my opinion, so don't feel obliged to stick to this list. Let's see what Arbot has to say about this list.

Hello guys, been playing ADOM for over 10 years won thrice Dwarf Paladin, Mist elf duelist and Dwarf duelist.

I had more typed up but I goofed and it got deleted, the important bits are that I think Paladin and duelist should be moved up a spot and otherwise it looks fine.

I think that's an ok change. Okitsgreat and Ravenshire, are you also ok with this?

Arbot, what class would you prefer to play after we are assigned classes?

To everyone: Assuming we don't get a fifth member, do you want to include a fifth character in our challenge or stick with four?

I dont have too much experience with Duelists, as I only recently started playing p20, but they seem quite strong I enjoy playing Paladins, no promblem to me if they get moved up a bit.
    Weaponsmiths - I really like them, but that's just personal preference, also I mostly play Elven Weaponsmiths for the chainmail and better early PV, but I guess we should use our High Elf for a caster class.
    I think we should play 5 chars because we get a Drakling if we do

Ok so this is what the list looks like now:

1. Archer
    2. Wizard
    3. Barbarian
    4. Priest
    5. Druid
    6. Duelist
    7. Monk
    8. Paladin
    9. Ranger
    10. Healer
    11. Elementalist
    12. Weaponsmith
    13. Beastfighter
    14. Fighter
    15. Assassin
    16. Necromancer
    17. Bard
    18. Mindcrafter
    19. Thief
    20. Farmer
    21. Merchant

Just waiting on Ravenshire's opinion now.

looks good to me however with there being 4 of us now are we going to be getting additional races and the req to play a CK or are we still just going with ratling, high elf and orc.
    in which case i have alot of experience playing both HE archer and wizard(no wins but ive gotten those 2 the closest)
    i also have been playing paladin alot recently with metered success.

im also curious about how the uploading of saves goes as i stated in the general forum im very new here and havent done anything like this in the past
    Last edited by Ravenshire; 01-25-2014 at 01:44 PM.