Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: troll chaos knight p20 "stupid"

The possibility of leaving the scepter in the ID is actually sort of an unwinnable game situation, if you know what I mean. I wonder whether destruction of the open levers as an RFE will be accepted by this community/TB? What do you people think? Or should I first wait to see what the volcano and Rolf's brings up??
    Last edited by Stingray1; 01-28-2014 at 06:21 AM.

I believe the only artifact you're NOT able to leave in ID is the si (I might be wrong tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    The possibility of leaving the scepter in the ID is actually sort of an unwinnable game situation, if you know what I mean. I wonder whether destruction of the open levers as an RFE will be accepted by this community/TB? What do you people think? Or should I first wait to see what the volcano and Rolf's brings up??
    You can still get a regular ending if you lose the Scepter. And the game does stress that the SIL is a special part of infinity, which may be why this can happen there. But allowing open levers to get destroyed would be bad game design, because it makes the game unwinnable for those who didn't plan on crossing to the ChAoS plane.

I don't see what the big deal is with the wand of destruction tactic, to be honest.
    "And light there be!"

I was thinking along the lines, that D:47 would become accessible once the levers were destroyed. Thus having a more positive game ending for ChAoS and also the Chaos Knight in question and then of course also the possibility would be there for non-Chaos Knights to get this ending, but ChAoS would triumph then. Maybe call it the Nihilist ending and the character has to rush out of the chain before something happens. Don't ask me all these details though. I only remember those two things. As I didn't really read the entire idea.

Or the game could just end then with ChAoS being triumphant and the CK not stupid.

Actually, even when I played non-CK Chaotic characters I didn't feel that closing the gate is what I wanted to do. All three CKs I had on D:50 definitely did not even once consider pulling the levers.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 01-28-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    i didn't think you could leave behind artifacts in the ID?

BTW you must have been incredibly incredibly close to dying of old age.
    Then you are lost for ever.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeni View Post
    I believe the only artifact you're NOT able to leave in ID is the si (I might be wrong tho)
    this is true as far as anyone can tell.

I don't even know how I got to this topic but +1. There's nothing like that feeling when pressing ">" or "<" just totally ruins your game. Not that it is a bad thing, but it'd be nice to have some sort of "Now come on, stupid human, are you totally sure you want to climb these stairs and leave that object behind, man?"

ok lol I thought I somehow went to some other topic but indeed it was just still this silly troll chaos knight topic. Might aswell write something here:

pretty much "fuck you, your mother, your father and especially you yourself" -melee mentality since the beginning. Got some early aging hits from a ghost bat but I managed (since rng gave me 0 !oYouth, but a few !oLongevity). Got a super lucky =oD just before khelevaster -> easy peasy scrolls of chaos resistance. Did all the chaos quests (fed the rat with crown, shield, and what's the other thing the blacksmith gives + phial & maybe some random stuff I don't even remember).

I gotta say that feeling when you're at deep I and you know you're getting corrupted a lot by every step you take and then you hear the *THUMP* and you need the xp and you drop the sceptre and you hunt the greater moloch and you teleport to the staircase and you go ">" and you realize you done and fucked it.. there's just nothing like that

edit: when I climbed up, leaving the sceptre behind, I instantly shouted "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the screen. I don't think I've ever done that before. I mean, sure i've been pissed at some games but just shouting "no!" and pulling my hairs out? Nah, never before. Adom <3
    Last edited by timeywimey; 02-10-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    if you know what I mean. I wonder whether destruction of the open levers as an RFE will be accepted by this community/TB? What do you people think?
    d50 levers in open state [before using at least] are not affected by destruction of any known means. So no I do not know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    You can still get a regular ending if you lose the Scepter. And the game does stress that the SIL is a special part of infinity, which may be why this can happen there. But allowing open levers to get destroyed would be bad game design, because it makes the game unwinnable for those who didn't plan on crossing to the ChAoS plane.

I don't see what the big deal is with the wand of destruction tactic, to be honest.
    Apparently you can't destroy the open levers in the first place. However, if you could, I don't see how it would be bad game design. Simply don't use a wand of destruction near the open levers if you don't want to make it impossible to close the gate. It makes perfect sense that you would be screwed if you managed to destroy some levers before switching them to the closed position, thereby locking them into a fixed open position forever.