Thread: Need some sugestions on getting to L+

Default Need some sugestions on getting to L+

Working on a ULE for a high elf archer. I've been at lvl 50 with a L alignment for sometime. Haven't been crowned yet. Done all the quests I can think of and have all the orbs. Can't seem to raise my piety by much with anything I do. Scrolls of balance show me in the low 2000 range. I've been trolling around in the lower dragon caves killing off ancient blue dragons. Testing shows I only get one point for each kill(greater moloch's are worth about 3pts each). I've also done some testing with sacrifices. I seem to be at a point where saccing items gives no increase. Same for amulet of order and self flagellation. Live sacs give a few points depending on the monster.

Any suggestions on getting to L+ would be greatly appreciated. I can easily finish the game at this point, but would prefer to do it in Ultra style.

Healing neutral monsters that are injured works. Just don't injure them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Healing neutral monsters that are injured works. Just don't injure them yourself.
    Yeah, this is probably the easiest way. Just bring a pet to the ToEF (top level always causes damage, bottom three might not) and spam cure light wounds on them.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Go to Lawe, lure a beggar to the house, have him stuck between you and closed door, force-feed him gold.

(does it still work?)

Get Hawkslayer to join you, go to the water cave, heal him.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

It's amazing how so much of the way to become lawful is to lure the innocent into danger and use magic to repair the damage you inflicted!

L+? So boring.
    Learn to learn.

Thanks for the advice. I made it to L+. All suggestions were good. Only one I could use was healing a pet in Toef. Hawkslayer was dead already, no beggars to be found. Fortunately I had a green worm that I'd left behind in the unicorn glade from an earlier rotting flesh corruption. Glad I saved him. Took almost 300 castings of cure light wounds to bump up to L+. Had to use a wish to get more spell books, but worth it..........Thanks all, finishing game up now.