Thread: The "inborn luck" talent

Question The "inborn luck" talent

Long-Time Player, first time poster. So I'd like to just say thanks to the community that helped me get into this game so many years ago. Maybe I'll beat it one day!

My question today is about that extra talent that "lucky" characters obtain when the sum of their attributes is divisible by 7.

What "attributes" are taken into account? I have definitely generated multiple characters who posses this extra talent whose main attributes (st thru pe) as well as those main attributes plus health and mana HAVE NOT been divisible by 7. In fact I have never generated one where this math has held true in any way I can devise!

I have scoured the internet and these forums in the hopes of finding an answer to no avail.

Do you take Alert as a starting talent, normally? I just did a quick check with a troll barb and came out with stats (not HP/PP) summing to 112, which give an extra talent as 112/7 = 16
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I do take alert, almost every time for TH or Ranged Talents later. Are you saying I need to add or subtract that extra pe?

Stats are rolled first.
    If you get a sum of stats that is divisible by 7, you will get an extra talent.
    During talent selection, if you pick alert, it will add a point to perception but that point is not included in calculation of stats to check if extra talent is available.
    If you want to check whether the sum is really divisible when character creation is done, you need to subtract one point if you have indeed taken alert.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."