Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 21 is out!

I must say, I love the sound effects and status/health bar indicators. One basically doesn't have to read messages during combat anymore, thanks.
    Learn to learn.

is it my imagination, or are wilderness encounters much more dangerous?
    I'm getting pounded as characters that would normally thrive out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    is it my imagination, or are wilderness encounters much more dangerous?
    I'm getting pounded as characters that would normally thrive out there.
    Summoners are more dangerous now. Also, do not try to pickpocket them - it greatly increases monster stats now if you fail couple of times.

The tutorial is very well done. Some typos, but just the mention of how to kick down doors makes it worth it.

Does a tutorial game end after a certain time? It should.

The tutorial dungeon should not be available in normal games ... that bow, arrows, and wand, are pretty damn nice.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    The tutorial is very well done. Some typos, but just the mention of how to kick down doors makes it worth it.

The tutorial dungeon should not be available in normal games ... that bow, arrows, and wand, are pretty damn nice.
    I think it was mentioned somewhere that you get a penalty to your score if you enter that dungeon.
    Learn to learn.

IMO the tutorial sould be a completely separate minigame that ends when you complete it. Solves all potential balance issues.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

What determines whether the tutorial dungeon (UCa) is the full tutorial or the 3-level easy dungeon (UCa:1 to UCa:3)?
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

The number of games you have played. If it is below 30 you get the tutorial dungeon even if you don't select the tutorial game.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post

After the first 30 times the tutorial game turns into a tiny standard dungeon.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

The domain of the Ice Queen is beautifully done Team Adom.
    Learn to learn.