Thread: Post-Corruption Prompt?

Default Post-Corruption Prompt?

I know you get a prompt when you get your first corruption (Press '\' to review your state of corruption).

I thought you used to get one on all corruptions. Is there something I can turn on to do this? I nearly got killed by Nuraag-Vaarn when he gave me poison hands and I missed it and went to drink a potion of extra healing.

(1) are you playing p21? (2) you always get a prompt but it's very easy to miss it when clearing a lot of mobs - for example, in the mana temple - with ctrl-k toggled. (3) if yes for (1), make sure Show_Corruption_Prompt = true is in config file (I think that is line, anyway..)
    Last edited by SirTheta; 04-18-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    (1) are you playing p21? (2) you always get a prompt but it's very easy to miss it when clearing a lot of mobs - for example, in the mana temple - with ctrl-k toggled. (3) if yes for (1), make sure Show_Corruption_Prompt = true is in config file (I think that is line, anyway..)
    No, p20. I don't think I have ctrl-k toggled(certainly not deliberately). I was hitting the "Enter" button to pass. I also looked back through the message buffer and didn't see the "/" prompt mentioned. On D:50 I noticed getting corruption, but also didn't see the prompt.

I can try toggling ctrl-k to see if it was on before.

I'm still on D:50 s

So I backed up my save, loaded it, and ran back and forth in a room on D:50 with corruption up.
    "You feel corrupted.(more). You suddenly hear the constant whispering of ChAoS in your thoughts!"
    I expected it to give me the "Hit '\' to view your state of corruption, not the "more" prompt.

From that save, I hit Ctrl-K and it said "the game will now accept any key at the 'more' prompt", which implies I previously did not have it on. And I don't think it should matter anyway.

Oh, yes, sorry - this is not possible in p20 but it is in p21 - check a new adom.kbd from p21 as I believe it is called Show_Corruption_Prompt. Sorry, should've followed up.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 04-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

So if I want it to require me to hit '\', I should enter an RFE?

See my edited post above (sorry for some reason I just posted without thinking).

Ok I found the RFE that mentions it(and is marked fixed in Pre21) Sounds exactly like what I want. Thanks SirTheta!