Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dwarven Halls are neat.

Default New Dwarven Halls are neat.

I've even warned everyone about incoming ChAoS there (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2603). All lower CoC levels would be like this in pre21, imagine that.

Avoid DH at all costs now!

Screenshot from 2014-04-18 18^%30^%32.pngScreenshot from 2014-04-18 18^%32^%45.png

ps: *THUMB* *THUMB* *THUMB* *THUMB* (c) one turn into DH:2
    Last edited by asdf; 04-19-2014 at 01:38 AM.

As expected, but kind of a bummer. Perhaps the DL should be toned down a bit (it's like 35/45, right?) - right now, you'd be crazy to do DH w/o on-demand TP and lots of it.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    As expected, but kind of a bummer. Perhaps the DL should be toned down a bit (it's like 35/45, right?) - right now, you'd be crazy to do DH w/o on-demand TP and lots of it.
    I'd rather have more gradual monster distribution like in my RFE. If this stays, DH should be lowered from DL 40/DL 45 to DL 30/DL 35 or even DL 25/DL 30 to be even remotely beatable for average character.

Hello, greater moloch. Hello, chaos knight. Bye, DH :P.

I left my opinion in your RFE - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2838 - basically, that I prefer the old monster distribution philosophy and that slight tweaks to it would have sufficed.

That looks like a nightmare. Suddenly, wielding two shields and hitting F7 doesn't sound too boring after all.
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    That looks like a nightmare. Suddenly, wielding two shields and hitting F7 doesn't sound too boring after all.
    It's like the AF only more lethal!
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Are there more monsters and higher average DLs now? 41 monsters on a regular level seems like an awful lot to me. For a non-cavernous level without a tension/threat room, I'd usually expect maybe 8-10.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Are there more monsters and higher average DLs now? 41 monsters on a regular level seems like an awful lot to me. For a non-cavernous level without a tension/threat room, I'd usually expect maybe 8-10.
    Yes, there are a lot more monsters at lower levels. Well, everywhere actually. Not a bad change, imho.

I think around 8-10 would be perfect for the dwarven halls levels, maybe only very slightly more. My DH:2 had 55 monsters at generation, it would be madness trying to go through that of high DL monsters. Well, unless you are of high xl yourself.

But, I must agree it is very more pleasant to play now, as one levels a bit faster from more monster kills and of course more monsters mean more loot. For those that like those sort of thing.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 04-21-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Learn to learn.