Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Creator's day challenge.

Three orbs for me now. A fire elemental landed a critical hit that took me down to 1HP, but it's otherwise been mostly straightforward. I have so far refused to smith with my weaponsmith, but I could do with some extra PV in the earth temple. The bracers of war are in a greater undead vault. If only I had a ball spell, I could kill the guardian and grab the bracers without facing the main chamber.

Four orbs now and a dead AKW. Apparently, he's quite difficult to kill without magic missiles. Still no smithing or BoW. I'll probably have a go at that vault if I manage to close the gate first.
    Last edited by meh; 07-04-2009 at 10:00 AM.

C-Day, the wand-born lawful female dark elven weaponsmith that never smithed, won.

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/meh/c_day.flg (very bloated inventory due to the SoA spell)

I was going to clear D50, but the chaos servants became too powerful, so I left them and a couple of wizards behind. On the way up, I got the bracers of war, but didn't bother trying to clear the entire undead vault. I finally drank from the darkforge pools in hope of a wish to clear my corruptions, but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Very nice starting stats.

PC6 also has a neutral altar. Pity the vault wasn't Orcs.
    I presume it was undead. Otherwise you could've killed the dog and converted it. If you want to go for (pre)crowning, you could still use the altar by bringing the ton of dudes from PC:5 down the stairs.

Default kupiko

Alright didn't have time to start before due to being in hospital so i start now hope nobody minds ..
    rolled wand born dark elf thief..yay my favourite class..
    Never won adom yet so i don't keep my hopes up.

EDIT: ah don't know what to go for-healing or herbalism? I guess healing cause i'm always having trouble killing keethrax
    Last edited by kupiko; 07-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Hey, I finally decided to post. Figured I've hung out here long enough to have absorbed what I need to finally win this game and thought I'd roll back the clock and try out this challenge...

...and candle-born hurthling mindcrafter. St 4, guess I'll have to lift some rations for a while (what fun!)

edit: a crash ate that one when I tried to enter Holeinthewall. Next try... dragon-born drakeling merchant, specializing in potions. And my long-lost brother showed up, too. Sweet.

edit again: shot to death by barbarians before I even got to Holeinthewall. Some luck, heh.
    Last edited by nlgraham; 07-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.

1. Started Cup Dwarf Archer with Hardy Talent.
    2. Got Chaotic Healing skill from Frankenstein.
    3. Descend through SMC at XL 4 and then through UD. Find Adamantium Scimitar of Penetration and Large Mithril Shield. Snag Tough Skin, Iron Skin and Mithril Skin Talents, so my defense is strong--19/14 on Very Agg.
    4. Wear-ID a ring of doom. Uh-oh. After switching gods, not enough piety to pray for Remove Curse.
    5. Enter HMV. Mimic in Leggot's shop 1-turn kills me(LOL DOOM). GG
    ________
    MYWEBCAMSHOOKUP
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I presume it was undead. Otherwise you could've killed the dog and converted it. If you want to go for (pre)crowning, you could still use the altar by bringing the ton of dudes from PC:5 down the stairs.
    It was gnolls/hyenas. I would have had to convert myself too, couldn't be bothered with that. Might go down to PC:5 and scum some piety, but pulling mobs down the stairs is so tedious! Haven't had a chance to play more yet, been very busy all weekend

EDIT: yay playing!

Picked a few herbs, but To seems to have stopped increasing from Morgia. It's at 25, still well below its potential max. Maybe I have to eat 8 anyway...
    Sacced a lot of monsters till I got to extremely close. Need to move my alignment to N- or N+ for precrowning.
    Killed a LOT of summoners on PC5 (stupid spider factory), but I found a pair of SLB!
    Lured a farmer out of Terinyo and whacked him to get to NC. Precrowned with Nature's Companion - not a weapon! YES!
    Entered the Druid Dungeon, done for now.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 07-05-2009 at 04:33 PM.

I died very early, did nothing. Just that lucky and fate smiles didn't work for my thief who managed to set off every trap he found (doors + random traps) in the first level of the VD.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > My char had an unfortunate accident involving the shift and q keys
    When my AlLS was melted, my PC almost had that same 'accident'.
    On turn 1, I should add.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kupiko View Post
    Alright didn't have time to start before due to being in hospital so i start now hope nobody minds ..
    rolled wand born dark elf thief..yay my favourite class..
    Never won adom yet so i don't keep my hopes up.

EDIT: ah don't know what to go for-healing or herbalism? I guess healing cause i'm always having trouble killing keethrax
    Dark elf thief really needs healing. Otherwise your health regeneration will be non-existent.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.