Thread: Eaten by piranhas in the stupidest way possible

Default Eaten by piranhas in the stupidest way possible

Had an okay gnome thief going. Was hitting up TOTHK before DFG and stuff, but forgot I had no wand of cold. Luckily there was a 6x6 wand shop on DDL with a bunch of wand of wonders, so I went there.

I was rolling along, zapping away when I got lazy. I'd just go z-<wand letter>-k (zap wand of wonder, shoot upwards for direction). Predictably this winds up with me casting darkness - splash, kapoosh, -103 HP.

RIP Grey Rocks.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I remember running out of frost bolt castings mid-way through the lake and wishing for spellbooks of ice ball while standing on the ice.
    With ~1900 stones worth of carried items, 300 more from spellbooks caused the ice to crack and I fell into the lake...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    RIP Grey Rocks.
    Gut will love you forever for letting him drink piranha soup.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Those are both hilarious. Mine was totally different albeit at least equally stupid:

I didn't have a wand of frost to begin with and didn't find one in the cavernous levels. But an ogre magus was eventually kind enough to follow me down there to get the job done.
    I had the AMW equipped and was much faster than the ogre so by running around the lake in circles it was easy to get him shoot a couple of bolts across the lake. Unlike the PC's frost bolts those not only freeze one tile but the whole spell line at once. So eventually the lake was half red half white but there wasn't a path to the door yet. And suddenly the ogre was gone. So I went to look for him, eventually found him in the corridor. Went back towards the lake, used the 'w'alk command for some reason and died. Simple as that. Since the first tile was already frozen walking didn't stop at the shore and I hadn't laid down my stuff yet...

These are all hilarious
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

These stories are awesome, I need more!

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Gut will love you forever for letting him drink piranha soup.
    He'd better!
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

pretty sure i once got trapped on the island - i used a wand and used the last charge to make it across, kicked the door and it was fireball trapped which melted the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    pretty sure i once got trapped on the island - i used a wand and used the last charge to make it across, kicked the door and it was fireball trapped which melted the ice.
    And so after you eventually died of hunger on that tiny island, your mortal remains rose to become the next fearsome Skeletal King waiting to confuse following adventurers...

I actually survived cracking ice once with a high-level barbarian. I forget the exact circumstances, but I was heading back to shore and the last square broke under me. I thought I was dead but I still had a few HP left (out of over 500) and managed to crawl ashore.

omfg this same thing happened to me...only i lived
    i took 300 damage but drakelings rock!!